Newest Member
    SnowHabit
May 2017 Discussion

Jonger

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, Powerball said:

86*F at DTW, 90*F at YIP. Not bad at all after morning convection not ending until 10am (and temps at 11am still in the 60s).

Pretty impressive temp gradient between DET (83*F) and MTC (73*F) as well.

Oh boy another warm season with the joke that is YIP. It is as representative as ARB low temps lol

2 hours ago, Powerball said:

Well be prepared, because we may see a couple more of those 90*F readings tomorrow and Thursday...:lol:

I mean it is what it is. What's irritating is that the high temps at YIP and the low temps at ARB are what they are for reasons well explained, but then the puppet news broadcasts for shock value can point out these gawdy numbers that do not represent 98% of SE MI lol

8 hours ago, michsnowfreak said:

I mean it is what it is. What's irritating is that the high temps at YIP and the low temps at ARB are what they are for reasons well explained, but then the puppet news broadcasts for shock value can point out these gawdy numbers that do not represent 98% of SE MI lol

DET and DTW could both make a run at 90*F tomorrow at least.

DTW's forecasting 88*F. 

And it's 71*F at 4am. It's hard to get that even in July.

Made it to 67 yesterday and still sitting at 60 this morning but should slowly fall through the day.  2-3" of rain possible as well.  Sharp cool down tomorrow with temps falling through the 30's. I had 1.3" of snow last year on the 14th and that was the seasons last snow.  If colder air wraps in a little quicker tomorrow, could see the this seasons last flakes... otherwise, they were May 3rd this year.

Still haven't hit 70 yet and may not until June.

1 hour ago, Jonger said:

Really excited for below normal again. Lots of 60s coming back again.

Perfect for everything except swimming. 

spring is the only season I like above avg temps especially living next to a cold LM in spring.    Hopefully we can save some cooler days for  summer. 

Less than 5 months and we'll be tracking the 1st winter storms up northB)

41 minutes ago, UMB WX said:

spring is the only season I like above avg temps especially living next to a cold LM in spring.    Hopefully we can save some cooler days for  summer. 

Less than 5 months and we'll be tracking the 1st winter storms up northB)

I work outside.

I don't know too many indoor employees that set the AC/heat to 85F.

1 hour ago, Stebo said:

I see you looked at the 00z GFS and nothing else then.

The 12Z shows the same thing. This month will probably finish no warmer than -3F.

The operational GFS, the ensembles and the Euro ensembles all show a cold pattern.

Sorry brah, no swimming until June.

I don't know about "cold" but there does seem to be decent support for cooler than average coming up.

I had been thinking the last 3rd would trend toward near or above average, but it looks like it came early and it will be the middle third.

7dTDeptUS.png.697faa42e2d1bc1dbed14a642e0eb4a3.png

1 hour ago, Jonger said:

The 12Z shows the same thing. This month will probably finish no warmer than -3F.

The operational GFS, the ensembles and the Euro ensembles all show a cold pattern.

Sorry brah, no swimming until June.

You said highs in the 60s, which isn't going to be right outside of a few days and you also said until the end of the month which isn't going to be right. I don't care about departures most of the month already has happened. I care about what is coming.

Furthermore the Op Euro and its ensembles are not locking in a massive cutoff low keeping the area cool. Even several of the GFS ensemble members keep it more so to our northeast. Yeah there is a cold period coming but it isn't going to lock in for 10 days, it's foolhardy to believe that.

Just now, weatherbo said:

Dense fog and 48 with heavy rain moving in.  Decided to get a fire going just in case the storms sw of here knock the power out with a wind gust. A very wet night in store before ending as some wet snow flakes.

Couldn't believe how cold it is going to get there this weekend. Would suck if someone was up there on vacation and it snowed :lol:

Archived