Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
May 2017 Discussion

Jonger

4 hours ago, CCM said:

You'll end up with probably a +1 departure by the end of the month. 

And temps near 60 really isn't all that bad at all for mid May, it's quite comfortable actually. Yet some still whine. It's not mid July for christ sake... relax.

I wish that was the case. I can handle 60. Average here for this time of year is 65, and we've been barely hitting 48 degree highs for the past 2 weeks.

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, IWXwx said:

If I didn't know better, I'd swear that Alek was chumming while trolling and hooked a big one

I thought Maxim was Alek plus there was another account that seemed like Alek too. I doubt it was Alek though, at 2 in the morning on a weeknight, he usually wasn't around that time of night.

Mother's Day weekend is looking top shelf around here. Low 80s and full sun. Ending up getting over 1/2" of rain last night, enough to muddy things up again. A few fields around here haven't been planted yet, I hope an active pattern doesn't evolve in the next week or two, could really put a hamper on the farmers. 

2 hours ago, Stebo said:

I thought Maxim was Alek plus there was another account that seemed like Alek too. I doubt it was Alek though, at 2 in the morning on a weeknight, he usually wasn't around that time of night.

Yeah, that's why I said if I didn't know better.

1 hour ago, Chambana said:

Mother's Day weekend is looking top shelf around here. Low 80s and full sun. Ending up getting over 1/2" of rain last night, enough to muddy things up again. A few fields around here haven't been planted yet, I hope an active pattern doesn't evolve in the next week or two, could really put a hamper on the farmers. 

Yes, those of us in the eastern part of the subforum are finally going to see an extended taste of spring. Around 70° for the weekend and the mid to upper 70's early next week. The pattern that means my fishing itch will be scratched.

50 minutes ago, IWXwx said:

Yeah, that's why I said if I didn't know better.

Yes, those of us in the eastern part of the subforum are finally going to see an extended taste of spring. Around 70° for the weekend and the mid to upper 70's early next week. The pattern that means my fishing itch will be scratched.

Fair enough.

Yeah I can't wait for next week's weather, this upper 50s/low 60s nonsense is tiring especially with how spectacular April was.

18 hours ago, Stebo said:

To Alek's credit he tends to be more of a clever troll.  He also tends to troll with brevity, not complete sentences.

Back to weather.  I agree with you about the misery of 50's and 60's in May after a near record warm April.  It's all perspective.  Obviously 50's in January is going to feel much warmer than 50's in May.

Looking forward to some hot dry weather.

Overachieved a bit temp-wise today, with a high of 73*F.

Had nearly full sunshine for the first half of the day, then a broken CU / AC field was the rule for the rest of the day. Actually had a quick-hitting t'storm move through parts of the city (a couple miles SW of here) within the 3-4pm time frame.

20 hours ago, cyclone77 said:

Yeah later next week could get a bit stormy.

Nice day today.  74 with full sun.  Mosquitoes were quite thick the last few nights.  They sure suck.

Hiked at a park along the White River today.  Lovely weather after all the rain we've had.  No mosquitoes troubling me here yet.  Plan to watch the fireworks in the plains on Tuesday and Thursday via this board and then see if we can cook up something for the Midwest at the end of this coming week.

3 hours ago, Powerball said:

Overachieved a bit temp-wise today, with a high of 73*F.

Had nearly full sunshine for the first half of the day, then a broken CU / AC field was the rule for the rest of the day. Actually had a quick-hitting t'storm move through parts of the city (a couple miles SW of here) within the 3-4pm time frame.

No thunder where I was at in Warren bit it was raining pretty hard for a while.

http://www.crh.noaa.gov/images/mqt/Dead_River_Flood_10th_Anniversary.pdf

14th annv of the big dead river flood up here.   The flood originated at the silver lake basin where a breach of a fuse plug unleashed 8-9 billion gallons of water towards Marquette.  The basin area is pretty much my back yard now. Would have loved to have lived here then to witness.  I didn't even remember it happening back then... maybe vaguely. Awesome link!

Chilly here so far today.  Only 42 nearing noon.

Been a while but seeing the warmth coming this week is going to be a relief, haha.

As of yesterday, YYZ so far for the month is running well below normal; (avgs in bracket)

High: 53.9F (65.8F)

Low: 40.6F (45.3F)

Mean: 47.3F (55.6F) 

Rainfall: 2.57" (2.91")  - near normal 

By next weekend I think we'll be within 3-5 degrees of normal highs/lows. 

Going to California/Nevada in a week for two weeks. Has anyone here ever been there? Any travel tips or sights aside from what its known for? Thanks! 

Archived