joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Christmas Storm I (general banter)

WeatherNC

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Latest NWS RAH discussion is out. Sounds like everything is still good to go. Just need to get it started.

NEAR TERM /THROUGH SUNDAY/...

AS OF 330 PM SATURDAY...

...WINTER STORM WARNING CONTINUES FOR CENTRAL NC...

FORECAST RELATIVELY UNCHANGED FROM EARLIER ADJUSTMENTS... AS

CONFIDENCE CONTINUES TO INCREASE FOR A SIGNIFICANT WINTER STORM --

WITH WIDESPREAD THREE TO SIX INCHES OF SNOW -- OVER ALL OF CENTRAL

NC THROUGH SUNDAY. THE POTENTIAL ALSO EXISTS FOR LOCALLY HIGHER

STORM TOTAL AMOUNTS OF AROUND SIX TO EIGHT INCHES... MAINLY ACROSS

PORTIONS OF THE NORTHERN PIEDMONT AND NORTHERN COASTAL PLAIN...

AROUND A LINE FROM NEAR LEXINGTON AND ESPECIALLY POINTS EAST

NORTHEASTWARD TO THE TRIANGLE AND ROCKY MOUNT/ROANOKE RAPIDS.

Latest NWS RAH discussion is out. Sounds like everything is still good to go. Just need to get it started.

Kiss of death. If we see more than 2" in Chapel Hill or 3" in Raleigh, I'd be extremely surprised. My guess is that the precip will start around 5 AM, and we'll get light-moderate snow until 9 AM when the low begins to move out. We'll have patchy, barely accumulating snow after that until 11-ish and the sun will be out before sunset, melting some of the wet snow.

Kiss of death. If we see more than 2" in Chapel Hill or 3" in Raleigh, I'd be extremely surprised. My guess is that the precip will start around 5 AM, and we'll get light-moderate snow until 9 AM when the low begins to move out. We'll have patchy, barely accumulating snow after that until 11-ish and the sun will be out before sunset, melting some of the wet snow.

You should consider consulting your doctor about the latest and most effective antidepressants.

I'm nothing but positive for a week on end and then when the storm finally fails to materialize, people get pissed at me?

The problem is... there is still plenty of time for the "storm to materialize"... its not like it doesn't exist. You are just worried because the radar doesn't seem to be over-preforming or that the tempratures went higher than expected. I think you still preform quite well for this event, despite the shortcomings. It will start snowing later tonight, and will continue until mid-afternoon tomorrow... with the rates becoming quite heavy at times. I think the Raleigh area will do quite well!

RAH UPDATE

.NEAR TERM /UNTIL 6 PM THIS EVENING/... -- Changed Discussion --AS OF 545 PM SATURDAY... WINTER STORM WARNING CONTINUES FOR CENTRAL NC... QUICK UPDATE TO THE FORECAST FOR THE TRIAD. INCREASING SNOW TOTALS TO 6 INCHES WITH SOME HIGH AMOUNTS. THIS IS REFLECTED IN THE WINTER STORM WARNING. UPDATING THE GRIDS AND OTHER FORECAST PRODUCTS. THIS UPDATE IS TO ACCOUNT FOR THE 1-3 INCHES OF SNOW ALREADY ON THE GROUND. MAY NEED TO INCREASE SNOW TOTALS BEYOND THE FORECAST 6 INCHES IN THE TRIAD LATER THIS EVENING. WILL ASSESS THIS OVER THE COMING HOURS. FORECAST RELATIVELY UNCHANGED FROM EARLIER ADJUSTMENTS... AS CONFIDENCE CONTINUES TO INCREASE FOR A SIGNIFICANT WINTER STORM -- WITH WIDESPREAD THREE TO SIX INCHES OF SNOW -- OVER ALL OF CENTRAL NC THROUGH SUNDAY. THE POTENTIAL ALSO EXISTS FOR LOCALLY HIGHER STORM TOTAL AMOUNTS OF AROUND SIX TO EIGHT INCHES... MAINLY ACROSS PORTIONS OF THE NORTHERN PIEDMONT AND NORTHERN COASTAL PLAIN...

sitting at the ILM airport now waiting for a 8pm flight to charlotte. surprisingly, neither this nor my flight out of charlotte at 1015p is delayed. if that flight gets canceled, i'm in trouble.

really hoping i don't spend the night on the floor of CLT int'l.

Archived