Welcome to American Weather
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bluewave

May 2017 Observations & Discussions Thread

954 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, NJwx85 said:

Also, some of the guidance has measurable rain falling before midnight on Wednesday night into Thursday morning, and precip usually arrives ahead of schedule.

Who cares bro this rain is annoying and the drought is over. Nobody wants this rain, let the rain come back in autumn until than it could clear and dry and decently warm. I had to put the AC and heat on the same week, literally insane weather!

1 minute ago, WeatherFeen2000 said:

Who cares bro this rain is annoying and the drought is over. Nobody wants this rain, let the rain come back in autumn until than it could clear and dry and decently warm. I had to put the AC and heat on the same week, literally insane weather!

Listen, I'm sick of this weather as well, but neither of us has any control over it.

And you might as well discuss the rain because it's the only weather you've got.

Up to 0.31" and still coming down at a good clip. 

I would say that I over achieved big time here. Most guidance had well under 0.10" up this way.

34 minutes ago, NJwx85 said:

Listen, I'm sick of this weather as well, but neither of us has any control over it.

And you might as well discuss the rain because it's the only weather you've got.

Channeling your inner Joe Bastardi huh. 0.69" so far 

It's a great rain for the plants. Especially some of the trees hit hard last summer. This slow soaking is perfect. For me it sucks had to cancel an installation today. I have done it in the rain in the past but it's a muddy mss not worth it 

15 minutes ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

It's a great rain for the plants. Especially some of the trees hit hard last summer. This slow soaking is perfect. For me it sucks had to cancel an installation today. I have done it in the rain in the past but it's a muddy mss not worth it 

Everything is as green and lush around here as I've seen since June 2009.   

9 minutes ago, Brian5671 said:

And yet we've actually underperformed for the most part in the totals department. Imagine if more of those 2"+ events had verified.

4 minutes ago, doncat said:

Yeah have had 16.10" rain here since March 1st.

NYC is about a half inch away from making the top 20 wettest springs.

4 minutes ago, NJwx85 said:

The end of the 18z Exp HRRR is interesting. It has rain overspreading the entire area after midnight tomorrow night.

18Z GFS clips us with .25-.50 (from NW to SE) tomorrow night

-

gfs_apcpn24_neus_4.png

28 minutes ago, Brian5671 said:

Definitely.  Very thick vegetation this Spring.

6 hours ago, Brian5671 said:

speaking of JB weird to see him hyping cold for June...

Is he?  I haven't followed him much as of late.  I could be wrong (and please correct me if I am), but I remember him feeling that sustained warmth would take over after our cold March and that we would transition right into summer.  I recall reading the phrase "off to the races" in connection with it.  Hasn't really worked out that way at all.  Is he still calling for a warmer-than-normal summer?

6 hours ago, Eduardo said:

Is he?  I haven't followed him much as of late.  I could be wrong (and please correct me if I am), but I remember him feeling that sustained warmth would take over after our cold March and that we would transition right into summer.  I recall reading the phrase "off to the races" in connection with it.  Hasn't really worked out that way at all.  Is he still calling for a warmer-than-normal summer?

He was originally very warm for JJA, but has since trimmed it to +1 for our area with normal temps for the midwest.  His latest posts suggest June may be average to slightly below.

The new EPS has no sign of 90 degree heat returning through at least the first few days of June. The reliable deep trough in the West that produced the record heat here last week isn't showing up yet. Trough location varies from the East to the Central US/ GL area. 

ecmwf-ens_T850aMean_us_1.thumb.png.e575678a50b2682a8862dd4af9058144.pngecmwf-ens_T850aMean_us_6.thumb.png.c60306ce70cd5f4f394d4b1834dd1911.png

1 person likes this