Newest Member
    joxey
May 2017 Observations & Discussions Thread

bluewave

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, bluewave said:

We'll see. So far the globals take most of the energy up into Canada with the deepening primary. If I see the globals like the Euro trend wetter next few days with the stalled warm front across the area on Monday then I would go wetter. But there is no sense being as pessimistic as the NAM right now outside it's range.

Looks like the 12z UKMET was similar to the NAM. And the GFS has plenty of activity, just more scattered.

Today turned into a pretty nice day here on Long Island. The warm offshore flow and sun beat guidance with ISP getting to 78 degrees.

TEMPERATURE (F)
 TODAY
  MAXIMUM         78    259 PM  92    2010  71      7       84
  MINIMUM         52    520 AM  37    1992  53     -1       59
  AVERAGE         65                        62      3       72

1 hour ago, NJwx85 said:

18z GFS is wet Saturday now too. Most locations 0.25"+.

Tomorrow is done I think as far as any significant rain.  Most of the higher res stuff and the GEM-LAM show most of the showers dissipate crossing PA.  I think the Mason Dixon line give or take 50 miles has the best shot to see something.  

5 hours ago, tdp146 said:

Goose, I appreciate the thoughts 

Yeah the show will be fine tomorrow. Not the most ideal weather but fine. You can't see the planes once they are above 5k anyway. The majority of the interesting part of the show the loud part is below 1k. 

Also after having seen every single show (18 years) from right in the middle of the main life guard stand the blue angles are way better then the thunderbirds 

my favorites over the years were osprey which soaked the whole beach with his rotter wash and the Red Bull helicopter that did flips 

2 hours ago, bluewave said:

Today turned into a pretty nice day here on Long Island. The warm offshore flow and sun beat guidance with ISP getting to 78 degrees.

TEMPERATURE (F)
 TODAY

Only 73 here 

4 hours ago, bluewave said:

TEMPERATURE (F)
 TODAY

Took a walk on Robert Moses Field 2 this evening at sunset.  WNW flow kept the beach warm enough for a tshirt and jeans even at that hour.  Hopefully more surprise beautiful days like this are ahead!

40 minutes ago, forkyfork said:

more good mid level lapse rates on monday. why can't we get this in july?

Looks like another elevated convection event along the stalled out warm front Monday morning. It's been a while since we saw mid-level lapse rates so good during the summer.

SND.thumb.png.006d35ddeddc5ae7940385839dd6b018.png

IAD.gif.84d93664fe12d80649fec3fa49bc43df.gif

Archived