SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
May 2017 Observations & Discussions Thread

bluewave

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is looking meh. The earlier HRRR runs were too far East with that convection over Western NJ. Now it's probably going to be another 2 hours before something gets close. And the latest HRRR really weakens those storms as they move North of Philly.

Just now, NJwx85 said:

This is looking meh. The earlier HRRR runs were too far East with that convection over Western NJ. Now it's probably going to be another 2 hours before something gets close. And the latest HRRR really weakens those storms as they move North of Philly.

models had hints of a screw zone-looks like it will be centered over the NYC area...the stuff well east will get eastern LI and RI

16 minutes ago, NJwx85 said:

Yeah, looking at the radar I definitely noticed that as well.

40 minutes ago, bluewave said:

Yeah, LGA is the king of 80 degree of higher mins in the Philly to NYC metro corridor during the 2010's.

LGA...19

PHL...12

NYC...11

EWR...10

JFK...4

Wow, how do they rank compared to DC and BWI

17 minutes ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

We are in a super marine layer. I wouldn't expect anything more then more drizzle. It's not like we have a heat dome sitting to our south

The warm front just delivered for me here in SW Suffolk. Just got my heaviest downpour since May 5th.

Also moderate coastal flooding this evening with some of the highest astro tides of the year combined with the easterly flow today. The usual low streets close to the water in Freeport are flooding right now.

USGS.01310521.106564.62619..20170519.20170526..0..gif.40384c5820a89196513ce8d6593f19a5.gif

7 minutes ago, bluewave said:

Also moderate coastal flooding this evening with some of the highest astro tides of the year combined with the easterly flow today. The usual low streets close to the water in Freeport are flooding right now.

USGS.01310521.106564.62619..20170519.20170526..0..gif.40384c5820a89196513ce8d6593f19a5.gif

Wow solid moderate event. Definitely flooded streets with that for sure. Even the end of my block had some water in the street I'm sure 

Even though the flooding won't be extreme, I bailed out of Freeport.   I've learned my lesson after getting trapped in Irene and narrowly escaping Sandy's surge as it rose super fast.  The water was higher than I expected tonight. 

Archived