Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
May 2017 Observations & Discussions Thread

bluewave

7 minutes ago, NJwx85 said:

Also, some of the guidance has measurable rain falling before midnight on Wednesday night into Thursday morning, and precip usually arrives ahead of schedule.

Who cares bro this rain is annoying and the drought is over. Nobody wants this rain, let the rain come back in autumn until than it could clear and dry and decently warm. I had to put the AC and heat on the same week, literally insane weather!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, WeatherFeen2000 said:

Who cares bro this rain is annoying and the drought is over. Nobody wants this rain, let the rain come back in autumn until than it could clear and dry and decently warm. I had to put the AC and heat on the same week, literally insane weather!

Listen, I'm sick of this weather as well, but neither of us has any control over it.

And you might as well discuss the rain because it's the only weather you've got.

15 minutes ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

It's a great rain for the plants. Especially some of the trees hit hard last summer. This slow soaking is perfect. For me it sucks had to cancel an installation today. I have done it in the rain in the past but it's a muddy mss not worth it 

Everything is as green and lush around here as I've seen since June 2009.   

6 hours ago, Brian5671 said:

speaking of JB weird to see him hyping cold for June...

Is he?  I haven't followed him much as of late.  I could be wrong (and please correct me if I am), but I remember him feeling that sustained warmth would take over after our cold March and that we would transition right into summer.  I recall reading the phrase "off to the races" in connection with it.  Hasn't really worked out that way at all.  Is he still calling for a warmer-than-normal summer?

6 hours ago, Eduardo said:

Is he?  I haven't followed him much as of late.  I could be wrong (and please correct me if I am), but I remember him feeling that sustained warmth would take over after our cold March and that we would transition right into summer.  I recall reading the phrase "off to the races" in connection with it.  Hasn't really worked out that way at all.  Is he still calling for a warmer-than-normal summer?

He was originally very warm for JJA, but has since trimmed it to +1 for our area with normal temps for the midwest.  His latest posts suggest June may be average to slightly below.

The new EPS has no sign of 90 degree heat returning through at least the first few days of June. The reliable deep trough in the West that produced the record heat here last week isn't showing up yet. Trough location varies from the East to the Central US/ GL area. 

ecmwf-ens_T850aMean_us_1.thumb.png.e575678a50b2682a8862dd4af9058144.pngecmwf-ens_T850aMean_us_6.thumb.png.c60306ce70cd5f4f394d4b1834dd1911.png

Mt. Holly for tonight:

Tonight: Low will continue to slide northeast, with lingering showers
possible, especially through the evening hours. A mid level short
wave ridge is expected to build over the ridge beginning late
tonight though. The associated subsidence should help to bring a
quick end to the precipitation after midnight.

1 hour ago, NJwx85 said:

Look at the radar and let me know if you think it's right. Here is a hint, it's currently raining in the NW DC and BWI burbs.

Most of that is virga.....RGEM has the same solution, hard to bet against that.  Could we get a few hundreths of an inch?  Sure, but this one is toast as far as anything more than knocking the dust down.

Archived