Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
May 2017 Observations & Discussions Thread

bluewave

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
For now, I am liking a widespread rainfall in the 2-4" range with locally higher amounts possible. We should begin to get a better idea on where the heaviest rains will set up over the next 48 hours.

Will depend on the duration otherwise it ends up another 1 to 1.5" event

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, Stormlover74 said:

Will depend on the duration otherwise it ends up another 1 to 1.5" event

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Wouldn't be surprised if most of the heavy rain fell in a relatively short period, but once it cuts off its not going anywhere fast.

27 minutes ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

Yeah but that's when you tend to get more showery type stuff that doesn't add up as much 

Well as long as the low is deepening you'll keep the heavy precip. The key is to get it to stall while it's still deepening overhead.

17 minutes ago, bluewave said:

This looks like it will be the lowest May -NAO since 2006.  On the drop NYC recorded the 5th wettest day in May last Friday. Over the weekend is the next opportunity for a very heavy rain event around the area as the NAO rises again. Two heavy rains and a cool pattern is what we get in May as opposed to a much snowier solution had this been Dec-Mar.

nao_mrf_obs.gif.42980a6d801be170b90d0f327a333deb.gif

Very frustrating indeed with the lousy timing. There's hope though that we could see this pattern come fall and winter with the QBO finally going negative.

Archived