Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
May 2017 Observations & Discussions Thread

bluewave

1 hour ago, nzucker said:

Wow, they should get below freezing tonight easily. 20s?

I expect a lot of places to see frosts/freezes on Tuesday morning as the cold core crests overhead.

Forecast low is 39F here on Tuesday morning, just north of Pelham Pkwy in a residential neighborhood of the east Bronx. If it gets that chilly here, will almost guarantee a frost in most of suburbia.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, winterwarlock said:

Its a problem? Why the f@#$ would you want frost in May

Geez, chill out.  If you read this forum enough you should know that I like the heat and warm weather.  I was trying to say that the thing potentially holding us back from getting frost is the wind.

14 hours ago, JerseyWx said:

Geez, chill out.  If you read this forum enough you should know that I like the heat and warm weather.  I was trying to say that the thing potentially holding us back from getting frost is the wind.

Yeah, looks like the winds stay up when the cold peaks early next week. Portions of NE/PA Interior SE NY/NW NJ may sneak in one last freeze of the season. Could be the last 30's many see until next fall.

8 minutes ago, SnoSki14 said:

I'm loving this cool pattern coming up, a little taste of fall in spring. We have months of heat coming up so I don't get why people are so angry at a couple of cooler weeks in May. 

People are so accustomed to top ten warmest months that when they don't occur it's noteworthy.

2 minutes ago, bluewave said:

People are so accustomed to top ten warmest months that when they don't occur it's noteworthy.

That's a very good point and we just saw another record/near record warm April so this will certainly be noteworthy. 

I wonder how long it'll last, latest Euro keeps the ULL spinning over us for its entire run. 

1 hour ago, bluewave said:

Yeah, looks like the winds stay up when the cold peaks early next week. Portions of NE/PA Interior SE NY/NW NJ may sneak in one last freeze of the season. Could be the last 30's many see until next fall.

ecmwf_t2min_12_neng_21.thumb.png.a07b37488a2082c3b68a495cec164d0f.png

I agree.  Hopefully the ridge begins to build back in after next week.  

This is a pretty impressive cool period.  I know last May started a bit gray and wet too, but the heat quickly arrived by the second week of the month.

Archived