SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Cutoff Low 4/24-4/26

NJwx85

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought that the radar presentation and droplet size suggested some warm core characteristics with this one, and interestingly, while the phase diagrams are still cold-core, they're VERY close to the line, especially for an April storm.  I assume that given the lack of baroclinic forcing and the recent trip over the Gulf Stream, this one has some warm core processes going on.  Cool little low.

2 minutes ago, Drz1111 said:

I thought that the radar presentation and droplet size suggested some warm core characteristics with this one, and interestingly, while the phase diagrams are still cold-core, they're VERY close to the line, especially for an April storm.  I assume that given the lack of baroclinic forcing and the recent trip over the Gulf Stream, this one has some warm core processes going on.  Cool little low.

It was an interesting storm evolution from down near the Yucatan. If the storm had a few more days to sit near the Bahamas, it may have come close to attaining tropical characteristics  like the storm recently did over the Eastern Atlantic. As it was, the record rainfall and river crests over NC were similar in some locations to tropical systems in the fall.

http://moe.met.fsu.edu/cyclonephase/gfs/fcst/archive/17042606/5.html

5 hours ago, bluewave said:

It was an interesting storm evolution from down near the Yucatan. If the storm had a few more days to sit near the Bahamas, it may have come close to attaining tropical characteristics  like the storm recently did over the Eastern Atlantic. As it was, the record rainfall and river crests over NC were similar in some locations to tropical systems in the fall.

http://moe.met.fsu.edu/cyclonephase/gfs/fcst/archive/17042606/5.html

Funny thing is we're supposed to have a lower number of TC this season and yet we've already had one and possibly could have had a second one.

4 minutes ago, Paragon said:

Funny thing is we're supposed to have a lower number of TC this season and yet we've already had one and possibly could have had a second one.

Not sure if we ever had 2 years in a row with the A storm coming in by 4-20.

16.gif.bada22368977087f329542eb0f01fc68.gif

17.gif.ce57f00982434347bc9ace4844126d6d.gif

Archived