Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Cutoff Low 4/24-4/26

NJwx85

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, NJwx85 said:

I'm not the least bit worried, the 12z UKMET had over 60mm for NYC and surrounding areas. That's well over 2" of rain.

Radar is starting  to blossom off the NJ coast and is expanding in coverage. Looks to be a wet and windy nightX 

1 minute ago, Neblizzard said:

Radar is starting  to blossom off the NJ coast and is expanding in coverage. Looks to be a wet and windy nightX 

Exactly, plus I've managed to pick up 0.18" so far just in intermittent mostly light showers. Look how high PWAT's are, not to mention the deep moisture feed.

pwtr_sf.gif?1493149317179

tran.gif?1493149392491

I swear some people look out the window and yell bust without ever looking at the radar or the current synoptics. 

Just now, Brian5671 said:

the system is weakening.   Current radar is not going to be that helpful for action that's 6 hours away.  Short term meso models useful in this range.

Strongly disagree, and I'll leave it at that. Your post about the radar looking meh earlier was totally inaccurate. 

35 minutes ago, NJwx85 said:

Sometimes the radar is more bark than bite, in this case it's the exact opposite, and a lot of that is because PWAT's are high. That batch of convection East of the Delmarva is really starting to blossom.

That batch is massive.  My question is, where will it end up?  It's obviously heading North, but it seems to be tracking slightly West as well.

Archived