Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2017 Spring/Summer Banter, Whining, Complaining Thread

HillsdaleMIWeather

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I swear it rains almost everyday, lol. Same story since Spring.

After seeing 7.6" of rain from March-May, making it the wettest spring on record in Toronto causing record water levels on Lake Ontario and coastal flooding, June has been no different. 

Some places locally have already seen over 4" of rain this month alone. The Sun comes out for one day, then another 3 days of rain and cloudy conditions. This dreary damp weather almost everyday is getting a bit aggravating now. 

Just going to put this petition here.  Click the link to sign.

In the FY 2018 budget submitted to Congress, program funding for the Regional Climate Centers (RCC) was reduced by 82%. With this reduced level of funding the RCCs will not be able to respond to customer phone requests, collect current weather and climate information, and provide an active website that includes value-added climate information and products.

Unless contract funding is restored by Congressional action, the RCCs will be forced to close all service operations on March 6, 2018. We are asking you to petition Congress to restore funding to the RCC program that will enable us to provide the climate information that you have come to rely upon. Please fill the adjacent petition form. It should only require a few minutes of your time and will greatly influence Congressional action.

We thank you for your help.

https://dataforms.lsu.edu/hprcc

1 hour ago, Hoosier said:

Just going to put this petition here.  Click the link to sign.

In the FY 2018 budget submitted to Congress, program funding for the Regional Climate Centers (RCC) was reduced by 82%. With this reduced level of funding the RCCs will not be able to respond to customer phone requests, collect current weather and climate information, and provide an active website that includes value-added climate information and products.

Unless contract funding is restored by Congressional action, the RCCs will be forced to close all service operations on March 6, 2018. We are asking you to petition Congress to restore funding to the RCC program that will enable us to provide the climate information that you have come to rely upon. Please fill the adjacent petition form. It should only require a few minutes of your time and will greatly influence Congressional action.

We thank you for your help.

https://dataforms.lsu.edu/hprcc

The sad part is this cut alone doesn't even come close to scratching the surface of this disastrous budget.

But that's another discussion for another forum.

Definitely should have chased after work today.  When I got off I knew I was way too late to get to the stuff out in central/southwest Iowa, but I didn't think anything east of there would go like it did and be discrete.  Consolation prize of watching stuff roll in to the ol' backyard was compromised when this area got completely screwed by the setup.  Made for a pretty frustrating evening for this particular weather weenie lol.

On Sunday, June 25, 2017 at 4:33 PM, Snowstorms said:

I there it rains almost everyday, lol. Same story since Sprin g.

After seeing 7.6" of rain from March-May, making it the wettest spring on record in Toronto causing record water levels on Lake Ontario and coastal flooding, June has been no different. 

Some places locally have already seen over 4" of rain this month alone. The Sun comes out for one day, then another 3 days of rain and cloudy conditions. This dreary damp weather almost everyday is getting a bit aggravating now. 

14.6" at trenton airport since May 1.  The son in law lives south of therr In picton and has had even more.  Crazy.   000's of acres of crops not planted - too wet

1 hour ago, Stebo said:

Really starting to question if it will even rain here tonight into tomorrow. Atmosphere finding every way possible to miss this part of the state, outside of that one storm last week.

Local mets are not impressed with tomorrow's setup either. 00z NAM shows a clean frontal passage aside from some scattered storms near the Thumb. Still some time to change I suppose.

19 hours ago, Chinook said:

Toledo has had only 1.62" of rain this month. The month of June should be much more rainy, the average is 3.56" !

Some of the Toledo area has wiped out its mini-drought of this month, with 1.65" of rain at Toledo Express Airport last night and this morning.

23 hours ago, London snowsquall said:

14.6" at trenton airport since May 1.  The son in law lives south of therr In picton and has had even more.  Crazy.   000's of acres of crops not planted - too wet

Wow! Thats alot of rain. Unbelievable!

Yeah, its been way to wet and rainy. More tonight into tomorrow. A few Sunny days coming next week so hopefully that lasts for a while.

Lake Ontario is overflowing and its easy to notice especially along the lakeside. 

I swear, if I see the word "anticyclonic curvature" in DTX's discussion one more time, I will probably gouge my eyes out. :lol:

47 minutes ago, Stebo said:

DDvWDesXYAArA7L.jpg

Even New England has more tornadoes than Michigan :lmao:

It should be mentioned, that lone tornado in GRR's CWA JUST happened Friday. Before that, they were also one big goose egg.

Hell, the one semi-decent severe weather event we had this season wasn't even originally deemed a Slight Risk, nor was there a watch box.

Archived