Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Model Mehham

Ginx snewx

1 hour ago, Ginx snewx said:

September is such a great month, all the tourists gone, kids back in school, empty beaches,lakes, water is still warm. 

Yup and by the end of the month it's near peak foliage in the mountains...can even snow/graupel across the summits in 6 weeks with a good cold shot on NW flow

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

September is such a great month, all the tourists gone, kids back in school, empty beaches,lakes, water is still warm. 

And, it feels even warmer with the relatively cooler air temops.

10 hours ago, weathafella said:

Despicable month.  Losing light, traffic doubles, summer over.

The afternoon commute traffic this summer sucked the big one.  Don't know what was up with that.

2 hours ago, moneypitmike said:

The afternoon commute traffic this summer sucked the big one.  Don't know what was up with that.

23 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Agree. Traffic can only get better.

I dunno', I've been going into Cambridge 1-2 month for work for the past 4 years and it seems to be getting worse with each passing year.  I think it is due to a number of factors including more students with cars, more people working untraditional 9-5 hours and my personal theory being people on their phones and over devices.  If everybody making a call, text or searching for something slows themselves down by 2-3 seconds because of their actions, think of the cumulative effect of thousands of people doing it. 

7 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

I dunno', I've been going into Cambridge 1-2 month for work for the past 4 years and it seems to be getting worse with each passing year.  I think it is due to a number of factors including more students with cars, more people working untraditional 9-5 hours and my personal theory being people on their phones and over devices.  If everybody making a call, text or searching for something slows themselves down by 2-3 seconds because of their actions, think of the cumulative effect of thousands of people doing it. 

Oh I mean in the Fall. Summer traffic has been terrible. Just more and more people and your theories are valid too.  You would  think working from home would help too.

11 hours ago, powderfreak said:

More of the same...it will get hot and humid (and hazy) at times, but transient in nature is the theme so far.

oh i don't disagree with that...  but, throwing phrases into the fray like "...snow and grapple," regardless of context, is kind of exposing the "support group's " fantasy-tapestry as to where we are at this juncture.  I tend to curl toes sometimes when I see/sense the genesis of cold memes to do so, even though it's my failing to react at all.

I do think, in your defense, should the pattern persist ..this won't be a protracted autumn where we get those warm humid days under canopies of orange and yellow trees, with the smell of fetid leaves under feet.  Lakes cutter after lakes cutter after lake cutter in between statically +3 days, with southerly winds transporting wet.  The wind ends up sounding like ghost howl through stripped foliage by the 20th of October. And the teleconnectors are what we feared:  deliberately (by cosmic dildo design mind you...) signaling that winter this year took place between the prior June and September going forward.

Jesus... I'm depressing myself.

Seriously, like everyone else I am seeing frets and starts to attempt to ridge out the end of August turning page into next month.  I think that's under the wire summer fairly so. If it cooks, it cooks...  Summer doesn't end Meteorologically until September 1 and blah blah the 21st of next month otherwise. 

I tell you... GW is real and we are (go figure) a part of the G in that G and W.  I have touched on this before ...ad nauseam ...but, it amazes me that we are so persistently in the few negative (relative to the whole - not necessarily "negative") regions in the global statistics now spanning many years worth of months.  That's a lot of months...and, a distinction that more than merely seems to be the case passing through different pattern variations over time.

vacation season ends. 

school begins. 

one re-introduces demography that may have been in hiatus.

one re-introduces ...duh duh dunnnn.  SCHOOL BUSES. 

The thing about the latter that I find interesting (at times annoying..) is that the school bus routes are always plotted in these townships right down the f'n main streets.  It seems the buses should turn off the main drags, and drive down/stopping where needed at curb sides on the parallel streets. 

This may seem excessively 'tree-huggy' but ... think how much green-house-gas emissions from the auto slice of the industrial pie could be reduced if the ensuing grid-lock with idling motors didn't take place because of the local zoning boards making a statement about how precious our children are by using immense inconvenience as the vehicle to our collective enlightenment?

kidding of course... but pounding on the steering wheel at a loss to figure out why these school buses are stopping every 200 ft down critical mid-demo arteries is baffling and leaves one to try and find an explanation. I don't buy it that it is intrinsically more safe, either. I think really it's just a convenience thing ... ?  it may take a little more time to collect all those precious gems from the curb sides as buses wend their way through interstitial roadways.  I dunno -

either way, what I was getting at is that I suspect the traffic 'increase' is more of a perception thing than a real numbers one...  The bus halts the main escape and/or entry routes of road-arteries, and that instantiates a transient grid-lock.  It's not that there are particularly more autos - although, ending vacation season may not help, no.  it's more a function of stopping the system from moving.  For me, once I've cleared the end point demographics and am out on the highway, the patterning in the open doesn't seem to vary much from season to season.