Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Model Mehham

Ginx snewx

58 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Boring summer weather is fantastic. Lets leave the excitement for the cold months. 

Even with 75 degree dews yesterday, I think I heard 1 clap of thunder and ended up with 0.15" of rain with little bit of wind. I feel like this area misses the storms, every time... this picture pretty much sums up yesterday...

Screenshot_20170713-164719.png

The persistence of this pattern,.. which locked in circa mid spring and is unrelenting since, is nothing shy of staggering. 

We still live under a fluid medium, supposedly one that is in part guided along by fractal permutation - yet, this has proven immovable.  It is as though some great force pinned the trough axis in place, and then let the rest of the atmosphere carry on...  as a result, it's pivoting around and island of disappointing trough node. 

But it has been redeeming in a couple of ways...obviously first and foremost we have not had to deal with as much heat this go of summer ...thus far.  But, we seem to carrying on with a positive anomaly thunderstorm days.  Whether they have been severe ...or ultimately satisfying for whatever regard aside, we have had no shortage of crispy towering CB's on horizons and/or the transient excitement of some wind, heavy rain and loud thunder. 

Otherwise, it's like the planet has an agenda NOT to bring heat into the NE and its an obsessive angry beady-eyed OCD too.  Frankly, some variation of this has happened across the last three summer - not so much the convective behavior, ..or the exact flow structure of the comparative patterns, either.   But, the stop heat at least excuse imagined, as an emergent property of the maelstrom, has succeeded now for three years and counting.  Personal druthers aside ... I find that interestingly banal.  It's boring and non-inventive, and is really concealing an angry atmosphere and planet.  Ever since the block-buster historic February snows of 2015 ...the atmosphere has been locked in mute summer, struggled winter appeal. Flat-lined... It's like a "negative event" anomaly. 

There have been point to point ..less that regional scale interesting things from time to time.  Obviously this isn't carrying on in a vacuum either. But, extended heat wave torridity ...gone.  Big winters.... gone...

That is a bizarre look/evolution of events between Sun-Mon...  

The blend of models really mimics a winter behavior at upper tier summer heights - weird.   

We're likely to end up tongue f'n cold Atlantic's butt in that look but, water temperatures are elevated due to some two weeks of dominating southerly flow helping to limit up-welling (also working still under the apex insolation times of the year).  Whatever the exact cause, pretty spectacular SST recovery rates have just taken place ... even up in the contact points of the GOM where it is in the mid 60s.  

That matters a little.  If the models succeed in 30 hours of overrunning and 3-5" of snow under 582 heights and 566 thickness like that (eh hm..), the easterlies on the N side of the baroclinic axis are not really the same brand of misery if that set up were to take place in April...  

But that's for muse.  My point was, it's interesting for me to see the models doing that whole look at between 576 to 588 heights like that.  It has +NAO heights construction back-lagging a trough down as far SW as New England, and the back side of all that is a really weak (like 2 iso-height) region of confluence and the models almost seem like they are building too much surface +PP over Ontario and to the N of New England based upon insufficient mass.  Yes the confluence structure is there, but in such a weak overall gradient, it's interesting that the surface results in a pig high that dominates the surface evolution like that.  

Whatever ...  this has been an odd summer with that trough NE of us unrelenting...  This is probably just all a new variation on its antics.  

1 hour ago, dendrite said:

We end July with Chamber.

Just at a glance the Euro looked more optimistic ... It sort of brings more weighty pressures down and at least lowers the RH at 700 mb along with...  But man - that GFS is really its like it never got the memo that it's not January - but doing so way up at the top of the height scale.  interesting

9 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

August looks to be setting up with massive East coast ridging after the first few days . Gonna be a hottie

Not to be a dink but ... what are you basing that on? 

I will say, if the teleconnectors had much use at this time of year, yeah - a warm continent would be a better expectation; actually taking place sooner than the end of the month, too.  But, the impetus there is that the tele's aren't very correlative right now.   Frankly the EPS and GEFs mean don't really physically reflect the tele numbers - probably as an homage to that uselessness (maybe).  Neither mean deviates much from the western heat dome with significant weakness over SE Can/EC summer plague really - 

Sounds like an opportunity to go with persistence for now -

16 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I will say, if the teleconnectors had much use at this time of year, yeah - a warm continent would be a better expectation; actually taking place sooner than the end of the month, too.  But, the impetus there is that the tele's aren't very correlative right now.   Frankly the EPS and GEFs mean don't really physically reflect the tele numbers - probably as an homage to that uselessness (maybe).  Neither mean deviates much from the western heat dome with significant weakness over SE Can/EC summer plague really - 

Like you said before. We'll ride the persistence until the wavelengths begin to elongate and then we'll probably go into more sustained ridging for deep autumn...just when we really don't want it. 

30 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Like you said before. We'll ride the persistence until the wavelengths begin to elongate and then we'll probably go into more sustained ridging for deep autumn...just when we really don't want it. 

We don't expect anything less...summer in Sept and Oct.

55 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I've seen some of the long range Jamstec stuff and talking with Gibbs. Much of it and them show big changes globally leading to ENA ridging 

20 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I've seen some of the long range Jamstec stuff and talking with Gibbs. Much of it and them show big changes globally leading to ENA ridging 

Okay well ... I have to ask then, is there something special about the Japan agency's numbers?  

Are they somehow scoring higher than the other sources?? 

And who is Gibbs?  Seriously .. you have bandied that name at us multiple times over the years, and I'm still not trying to be a douche in asking these questions but I have no idea who that is quite honestly, and/or why his/her voice should stop a room - 

They/that et al may very well be right.  They might.  But, I have seen and/or heard of signals in that same vein of "at last" sort of break-down of the seemingly immovable, immutable pattern lock several times over the last 45 days and they've all just merely evaporated in lieu of the previous fixed dynamic.  

That's a lot of longish words for, whatever anyone's said, nothing's succeeded in really changing...  

Because of those multiple faux leads, the onus is on the calls for change to finally actually change, more so than the usual lies.  And I'm being snarky - I do think there is some usefulness in seasonal outlooks as far as tenor and tone of behavior only.  

Besides, the underlying global indicators don't really give cause for such broad canvas reconstruction of the hemispheric circulation, which is essentially what would need to happen if what you are describing were to succeed.  Can it happen?  sure - it might.  But, lacking a reason to change, that is not really lending confidence either.  

If I were betting, ...I would consider that out of the last 144 months worth of NASA's monthly press releases/monitoring of the state of the climate, they have reported some 90% of them as having a southeast Canada (and adjacent geographical interests) tabulating a relative statistical cool result relative to the whole, for a reason.  Much to the chagrin of the consensus voter in this sub-forum, the only times that's broken down is during the winter months - ...seeming almost personal ha!

That's arguing for some sort of underlying long term planetary drive that you're asking us to believe will also be over-come in order to realize a hot month of August.  On top, we have this particular summer's pattern ...which features an apparently giant unstoppable force locking a trough in the Maritime regions that's f'ing with our weather and blocking continental heat. It's all a double whammy.  In fact, this summer's pattern look probably has come into sync with whatever is causing that 12 years persistence above for that matter... who knows. 

Brian and I were being sarcastic earlier but ...heh.  in a way, there's something to the idea of waiting on the seasonal alteration of planetary wave numbers and geometry before we see meaningful change.  Whether that change yields a raging butt-bang winter, or something like what people want regardless ..remains to be seen.  But changing a pattern in mid August, at the very weakest gradient time of N. hemispheric years would also be unusual.   stranger things have happened I suppose.. 

frankly ... i hate the whole hand-held culture.  robotic money-spending automatons, that's what people have become as they drone their way thru life ...not needing to think.  no virtuosity in reading and writing.  quickest path to artificial highs, are the empty souls behind user eyes.  

have you ever seen a video of an iPhone robot about to walk off a curb into traffic?  it's not an uncommon phenomenon as cars drive off bridges and wrap their frames around telegraph poles attests.  

Twitisphere ... Ha!  when i was child, 'twit' meant a silly or foolish sort of dolt.  Not some realm where people can fire off disrespect.   how apropos, then. it quite aptly describes an idiocrisy compelled by someone else's narcissism.  

Yes that's right!  known as Twits (people that engage in tweeting), they are more likely to be dumb down, reactionary low-brow sufferers of a phenomenon that is merely as-yet recognized by psycho babble science. it's form of addiction. One that is about as dry as a gambling crisis. developed to hook the individual and keep them opening their wallet while their senses are preoccupied by the vapidity of the virtual universe; nothing more than a commercial enterprise known as western civility.   

define deserving an asteroid impact.  

you know... if anyone wants a laugh, you should look up Luis C. K.'s comedic rant. I think it was called "Everything is amazing; no one is happy".   it's funny because it's true.  that ingrate sort of entitlement clicks in and transforms people into these self-serving monsters the moment technology is perceived as something they can use.  it's weird.  i wonder why that is... 

anyway, he hits on a lot this implicitly  and there is a lot of truth that scarcity is not only needed, is sort of deserved actually ...