Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Model Mehham

Ginx snewx

5 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Very humid weekend upcoming with dews in the 60's Sat and 70+ Sunday. Sunday could be a sneaky 88-90 degree sticky, 2-3 rolls per sitting kind of day 

I'd be very impressed if you reach 88-90F.  You could barely do it in this recent set-up ;)

6 hours ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Tomorrow and Thursday are not quite the cool down they looked like.  Sure, dp's will be lower but my NWS p/c forecast for both days is 3- 4° higher than it was yesterday. 

6 hours ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Tomorrow and Thursday are not quite the cool down they looked like.  Sure, dp's will be lower but my NWS p/c forecast for both days is 3- 4° higher than it was yesterday. 

We warned a few posters over the weekend that it wouldn't be in the low 70's. Never had a really cool look. Just cooler with lower dews until dews approach and exceed 70 over the weekend

6 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Yeah lots of low 80's next week. Looks nice and warm and sunny. No heat 

5 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Looks like some 70s too.  Don't forget to mention that!

3000 miles away from home and you boys are making me feel like I've never left. 

26 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

Gorgeous morning at the Pit.  Dropped down to 57.4* overnight with bright sun and a breeze to start the day.  Up to 61.4* now with a p/c of 74* on tap.

We COC.

Is there any shot at sun in the midst of the weekend showers?  I'm going to be up in Maine--will suck to be stuck in crap the whole time.

Weekend is mainly dry. Just humid

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

Nice and cool here. And next week looks like the trough returns. Heat is done for now except Sunday.

I'm a little leery of that interpretation actually ... not that you asked - heh.

Buuut, the Euro shows (as has GFS operation on some solutions..) plumes of periodic SW expulsion embedded in a kind of heat conveyor that keep getting sent down stream during that entire D4.5 through D10 range.  

Some runs that is more evident than others, and not certain which day ...which doesn't lend much to confidence no.  However, 'the trough' return sentiment ...yeeeah, it's not the same beast as before really. There are structural differences overall that have me wondering if we aren't a single run away from getting said continental stream of plasma ejecta to waft up this way.  We don't need "ridging" per se to get that to happen - Sunday shows that, and I don't see any reason why the upcoming pattern can't repeat.  Might actually be a normal to above normal oscillatory thing.

anyway, the trough is flat.  We seem to have lost the meridional characterization of the flow in lieu of a more longitudinal look so I'm a little leery of being too optimistic about the heat being gone.

40 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I'm a little leery of that interpretation actually ... not that you asked - heh.

Buuut, the Euro shows (as has GFS operation on some solutions..) plumes of periodic SW expulsion embedded in a kind of heat conveyor that keep getting sent down stream during that entire D4.5 through D10 range.  

Some runs that is more evident than others, and not certain which day ...which doesn't lend much to confidence no.  However, 'the trough' return sentiment ...yeeeah, it's not the same beast as before really. There are structural differences overall that have me wondering if we aren't a single run away from getting said continental stream of plasma ejecta to waft up this way.  We don't need "ridging" per se to get that to happen - Sunday shows that, and I don't see any reason why the upcoming pattern can't repeat.  Might actually be a normal to above normal oscillatory thing.

anyway, the trough is flat.  We seem to have lost the meridional characterization of the flow in lieu of a more longitudinal look so I'm a little leery of being too optimistic about the heat being gone.

in other words it summer in New England to stay, enjoy, hopefully we can warm the big pond up, body surfing is calling me, still have a month to recover from shoulder surgery but I'll be ready for the first overheads.

40 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

in other words it summer in New England to stay, enjoy, hopefully we can warm the big pond up, body surfing is calling me, still have a month to recover from shoulder surgery but I'll be ready for the first overheads.

What did you do to your shoulder?  Mine's been messed up for about 3 months now.  Some type of rotator cuff and/or nerve stuff.  Lots of pain.  In fact, just came back from PT whcih is allowing me to work from home today.

Up to 67.5, approaching the midnight high of 68.5.

25 minutes ago, tamarack said:

Friday looks pretty cloudy at MP2, but the weekend shouldn't be a washout, or a mank-fest. 

Could be a warm mank? 

It won't be misting per se, no .. .But, that look is 82/72 type stuff there in the Euro and has been for many runs. 

Thing is, the air mass is suppressed S but not evacuated off the continent...by last evenings front... Over the next day or two that boundary washes out and the SW flow resumes, transporting the air mass back in but, this time it lacks the SW EML stuff... So it's kind of a DP sack sticker soup on the back side of this/return flow.