Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Model Mehham

Ginx snewx

4 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

This concept of window units letting cold air in the house .. we don't follow. You get em in early and take em out in Sept. . Saves on energy, aggravation, sweat and peace of mind. People used heat in June? Now that's laughable . Talk about a waste of energy 

AC in April sounds like a smart energy decision

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

This concept of window units letting cold air in the house .. we don't follow. You get em in early and take em out in Sept. . Saves on energy, aggravation, sweat and peace of mind. People used heat in June? Now that's laughable . Talk about a waste of energy 

This concept of window units letting cold air in the house .. we don't follow. You never surprise me

Saves on energy, Wut?  aggravation 5 minutes of lifting into place is aggravation?, sweat ? I thought you were a marathon runner, sweat??? and peace of mind. You can have piece of mind in June as well as early April

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

This concept of window units letting cold air in the house .. we don't follow. You never surprise me

Saves on energy, Wut?  aggravation 5 minutes of lifting into place is aggravation?, sweat ? I thought you were a marathon runner, sweat??? and peace of mind. You can have piece of mind in June as well as early April

Does anyone remember that old terrible sitcom Herman's Head? That's how I picture his mind functioning.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

The amount of discussion install has generated over the years is fascinating. It never ceases to amaze us how that one word just sets folks off into a tizzy 

Most hIgh function mammals would prefer to do as little extra work as possible for comfort and survival.

15 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

The amount of discussion I discussed install has generated over the years is fascinating. It never ceases to amaze us me how that one word just sets folks me off into a tizzy 

Fixed your post.  But you're right about heat in June being a waste of energy.  On par with AC in New England at any time of the year.

• Like 1

Euro was pretty hot from Saturday to the end of the run...  (most know this .. just a morning diversion here -)  

The torridity will come down to how much DP is in that mess... If it's 90/60 ...not so bad but pedestrian AC requirements ...then needs go up from there.   With all the rain we've had and at a surplus, this is very unlike last year at this time.  There's a lot to give back to the atmosphere, at least locally, for if/when we pass 90+ air mass potential heating over top.  Some of that is obviously also transport dependent, but in situ soil moisture is shown to effect heating potential pretty readily so if the wind is light-ish and it is 19 C at 850 mb with June insolation bakin' the hell out of things, we could see some added theta-e to the column there...  It would hold the temp down a couple but give back in DP ...etc.etc.

The GFS is flattening the ridge just enough, and throwing also just enough little indiosyncratic perturbations in the flow to nix this ridge/heat dome and heat wave down. In fact, the PARA MOS numbers fail a 'wave out of it all together.   I've noted my self in the past that the GFS hates ridge domes and I wonder with this thing -   Probably what happens is midway between the Euro and GFS which ... 92 to 95 might max this on either Sun Mon or Tues...

Still in contention whether it breaks by BD or standard fropa on Wednesday ... But the Euro suggests the entire domain from coast to coast remains near or above normal in both heights and thickness so it probably still remains on close side.

1 hour ago, ApacheTrout said:

Fixed your post.  But you're right about heat in June being a waste of energy.  On par with AC in New England at any time of the year.

Not always.

6/1/2015   47   44   .74"
6/2/2015   45   41   .59"
Wood stove warmth was very welcome.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tamarack said:

Not always.

6/1/2015   47   44   .74"
6/2/2015   45   41   .59"
Wood stove warmth was very welcome.

You're right, there are unique days in June where heat seems to be required.   It was 51 and raining (0.72) on Tuesday, and the house was calling for heat.  I turned it off and put on a sweatshirt.  It was a very chilly day.