Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Model Mehham

Ginx snewx

8 hours ago, mreaves said:

My aunt & uncle and cousins live in the Huddersfield area which is between Manchester and Leeds. We have Britrail passes and plan on taking day trips to Liverpool (I want to see Anfield), York and and the moors.  

Sounds great!  I was rooting for Huddersfield last week.  I'm a Man City fan, but I'm hoping to get to a match in Huddersfield when I go over in the fall.  Would love to see Liverpool at Anfield, but tickets are tough to come by.  If you're a Beatles fan, you should definitely go to the museum in Liverpool.  Spent a day in York, and it was a nice city.  Went to Yorkminster and the Viking Museum.  Had dinner at the Guy Fawkes Inn and it was excellent!  Wife just texted that the weather in London today is about like here - cold, windy and rainy.

9 hours ago, mreaves said:

My aunt & uncle and cousins live in the Huddersfield area which is between Manchester and Leeds. We have Britrail passes and plan on taking day trips to Liverpool (I want to see Anfield), York and and the moors.  

9 hours ago, mreaves said:

Been to Anfield 1/2 dozen times...greatest place to see a match in the world...Go Reds

YNWA

50 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

That will dry us out.

H8 temps are around +20C from MWN to BOS. Near all-time record territory for the Rockpile? IIRC their record is 72F. It probably won't happen, but if we can get a monster mixed layer and keep them out of the 0SM FG maybe they can get close if these progs verify.

On 6/1/2017 at 1:03 PM, dendrite said:

Because it's never too early...

6/6 and June all-time record low max temps

CON 54F (1928) / 49F (mult yrs)
ORH 51F (2000) / 47F (6/2/1946)
BOS 52F (1926) / 49F (mult yrs)
PWM 51F (1910) / 47F (6/9/1956)
BDL 54F (2000) / 50F (6/1/1907)
PVD 52F (1926) / 47F (6/1/1907)
BTV 55F (1928) / 48F (6/10/1972)
CAR 50F (2005) / 43F (6/1/1945)

Bump

1 hour ago, HimoorWx said:

Sounds great!  I was rooting for Huddersfield last week.  I'm a Man City fan, but I'm hoping to get to a match in Huddersfield when I go over in the fall.  Would love to see Liverpool at Anfield, but tickets are tough to come by.  If you're a Beatles fan, you should definitely go to the museum in Liverpool.  Spent a day in York, and it was a nice city.  Went to Yorkminster and the Viking Museum.  Had dinner at the Guy Fawkes Inn and it was excellent!  Wife just texted that the weather in London today is about like here - cold, windy and rainy.

Not a Beatles fan per se but we will be going to the museum as I like some of their music and I get their place in rock and roll history.  I love York.  Yorkminster and the Shambles are great sites.  I think my 13 year old son will like the Viking museum.  The last time we were there was a few weeks after 9/11 and there was a memorial set up outside of the cathedral with messages of support from "Old" York to New York.  It was pretty touching.  I definitely plan on stopping by Huddersfield's stadium too.  

1 hour ago, bairn said:

Been to Anfield 1/2 dozen times...greatest place to see a match in the world...Go Reds

YNWA

I would have loved to have been able to see a match but with the boy's school schedule and all, it just wasn't in the cards this year.   I plan on taking the Anfield stadium tour. unfortunately, due to construction you aren't allowed in the Kop or on the pitch at this time.  The Fenway Sports Group does a good job with the Fenway Park tours so I imagine they do well with the Anfield tours too.

59 minutes ago, dendrite said:

H8 temps are around +20C from MWN to BOS. Near all-time record territory for the Rockpile? IIRC their record is 72F. It probably won't happen, but if we can get a monster mixed layer and keep them out of the 0SM FG maybe they can get close if these progs verify.

Will be probably pretty steamy with all the rain and wet ground.  Good times!

Interesting week ...  

Firstly, it's amazing how proficiently the NAM 32 km (which I think is the standard model?) clears out the region tomorrow. It has it's FRH sigma RH levels, in total with DVM, all implying a zippo clouds in the sky between 2 and 5pm.  It seems hard to believe when watching the present satellite loops...  But if that happens, this time of year,  temperatures should soar into the low 70s in that look. Without any meaningful back-side/system entangled cold air, usually when you clear after cloud and rain there's a latent heat hang-over that helps provide for a rather quick temp response when the sun pops out.  The NAMs characteristics of the day really looks that way. Oh MOS will say 67 but if the sun manages to cleave through with meaningful splashes by 10 or 11 am, I'd argue for a warm bust.  The last three cycles have been steadfast on this impression... (actually, jokes on me - KASH NAM MOS is 74!)

Then, looks like we may have to deal with a weird nor'easter either narrowly missing E or coming on up over the region on Friday.  However, unlike the painfully slow gyre moving S-SE through NYS that we pretty much have to just wait out for it to spin down ..fill and minor out to get out of this bag-o crap, that one Friday moves right along and would probably be about a 9 hour thing tops. It appears to be motivated to do so because the erstwhile many-day advertisement for eastern ridging is destiny at this point.  That thing dictates... that baby's coming.  Once those height are instructed by planetary wave-spacing roll-back (or progression) to rises, anything partying and festering in the flow has to leave the premises ... immediately. 

If using the 00z Euro operational synoptics alone combined with some imagination... it looks like the heat wave gets bumped up a day.  

Saturday is a giant jolt the other direction after Friday's nor'easter (assuming that transpires).  I mean, you're talking 55 to 60 F wind swept heavy rain and mist --> 82 F with 70% sun by 4pm Saturday. If the nor'easter misses E that transformation is less of course..

Sunday then has a well established west deep layer wind through 15 or 16 C at 850 mb under June sun and low RH... Sorry, that will over-achieve to 90 or 91 in that look.  

Monday is a slam dunk BIG HEAT day... (high launch pad) + (850 super-charged with Sonoran release/orgin air) + (nearly full sun) = 98 to 101 for me. ...'course, I don't know if there is DP to trade places with actual vs HI numbers ...but either way, the model's look for that day is a brown-out miserable hot hell.  Crack the urban fire-hydrants, spikes in incidences of domestic violence, ... check the elderly stuff.  

Monday night could be one of those nights that Logan's low is 83 F and not until 5:30 am, either,.. .But then, interestingly, the 850 mb level's hottest pearl of heat bloobs off into the Atlantic such that Tuesday may only have 17 to 18 C (which is nothing to shake a stick at..) to work with... However, given the high launch again and no other means to limit the heating potential on that day (again, speaking relative to this model and this run), it may still make 93 or 94 by 10 am... From my experience, it is the third day or latter half of this sort of heat wave that introduces the DPs so... that could be the trade-off HI day.  

Then...finally, BD.... What's early June in a late middle to extended range heat wave if said heat wave isn't ending with a BD.   But by then... I think most would be open to the idea of some natural AC

3 hours ago, dendrite said:

72 is correct, set initially on 8/2/75 and tied on 6/26/03.  (probably more daily heat records were set in New England on Hot Saturday than on any other single date.)

2 minutes ago, tamarack said:

72 is correct, set initially on 8/2/75 and tied on 6/26/03.  (probably more daily heat records were set in New England on Hot Saturday than on any other single date.)

I think 7/4/1911 is still tops. Unfortunately many climo stations don't go back that far.