Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Model Mehham

Ginx snewx

19 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Yes tomorrow. No one is squeezing into anything. We split up this year . Wife and 13 yr old daughter going to Cape tourney. 11yr old daughter and I going to premier tourney in Marlborough. I'm telling everyone near 70 with sun/ cloud mix. Similar to conditions over e lakes today 

Good luck at 70.  I'm calling 64 the max at ORH.

Fwiw .. the 12z NAM seems more realistic relative to climo for eastern New England for tomorrow ...and the rest of today for that matter.

Has Logan's T1 in the FRH grid to 14 C the rest of the way today, with lowered critical cloud height RH even further on that N to NNW feeble flow underneath (kadabatic drying). I think you'll find that after a brief to perhaps 3 hour interlude of some interfering pancake cloud types that the lower troposphere cycle's the moisture out and some additional clearing evolves over the course of the afternoon. Anyway, add 7 or 8 to that T1 out near Framingham up to Nashua for T1 ..then the lower slope to the 2 meter and there's you 71.  It's probably going to be bump job and it will otherwise spend more time around 68.  But that's all a significant improvement over the NAMs recent bs schititude in the matter.  

Tomorrow the same sort of logic applies...although, the wind is then feebly S... That could take RI and SE zones out of the 70 club for obvious reason but up near Rt 2 it's probably 75 proper. 

Real wet run for Monday though.  Interesting to see the globals on that.  Funny, three months ago we were still getting that heads up from the drought survey, now eradicated, soon to be surplus?

as expected that band of cloud has yielded to the mixing forced by diabatic heating...

eastern shore zones already being afflicted by the inevitable flip onshore. but it's also scouring out the overhead down to pure blue so it's prolly a bit of a trade off there.

66 F routine now both at NWS and back yard therms out here in the interior as of noon so 70 seems a pretty solid achievable goal - unless that breeze boundary gains mass and rolls ...could do that.. we'll see. 

I wasn't involved in the pig pile on Kevin thing but just as a spectator to that sport I'd say the game may end up tied there... heh

Today was perfect weather.  High of 66F this afternoon under scattered puffy Cu.  

Spent the night in JFK in NYC on the way home from LA area after a missed connection due to wind delay in NY yesterday.  Back in BTV this morning and got a nice hike in this afternoon.  

Coming back to this place makes returning from vacation a little easier.  The Mansfield region really greened up in the past week and driving home through the Notch I couldn't find any remaining snow...there were still a few natural drifts left last weekend.

5 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Today was perfect weather.  High of 66F this afternoon under scattered puffy Cu.  

Spent the night in JFK in NYC on the way home from LA area after a missed connection due to wind delay in NY yesterday.  Back in BTV this morning and got a nice hike in this afternoon.  

Coming back to this place makes returning from vacation a little easier.  The Mansfield region really greened up in the past week and driving home through the Notch I couldn't find any remaining snow...there were still a few natural drifts left last weekend.

Kmart still having fun

DA3CpEaUQAAcOEW.jpg

DA3CpESUwAAQury.jpg

• Like 2

Well we started off great with a picture perfect blue sky, low humidity and temps in the low 60s but as usual, the clouds have rolled back in off the ocean and were down again into the 50s. I can't wait until we break this pattern once and for all. Still, I guess it's hard to complain considering how dreadful most of the week has been.

1 hour ago, Ginx snewx said:

Kmart still having fun

Yeah!  Had I not been traveling I would've liked to go today.  There was a big Stowe group heading south to enjoy it today, photos from friends looked real fun.  Its definitely all about the atmosphere this time of year and when the weather is good, its a blast.  Its more of a novelty than anything.