• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Model Mehham

Ginx snewx

If it were up to the GEFS teleconnectors alone we'd snow again in the elevations...  (Scott says the EPS looks better just on the surface so those are probably not as dire appealing)

Thankfully for those of the warm weather, spring and summer enthusiasm ilk, the teleconnectors are much more dicey now.  Your preference might be at least partially sheltered by the fact that the teleconnector correlations tend to break down pretty dramatically post May 1 ... usually by June the correlations are vague; in fact, the CDC does not even bother to calculate the PNA c-coefficients against other mass-field/domain spaces during JJA.  I think, though, that it probably still has a 'threshold'/component analysis there - but that's a deeper popcycle headache.   

So what that means is that the tele's are less dependable at this point in time moving forward, probably until Halloween sometime.  I'm only bringing it up because the PNA was scheduled to bulge again to some +2 SD after the present expression of a -2 SD finished executing this heat dome over eastern America.  That's an example right there where the teleconnector signaled a heat wave, one materialized, yet the tele was supposed to be less useful - so you see that it is not 0 either.  Unless it was all just a ginormous coincidence.  possible I suppose... 

Anyway, I haven't seen last night derivatives but as of yesterday ... +2 PNA was coupled up temporally with a -3 SD NAO ... tandem spanning a week.  I'm like... Jesus H Christ another one?!  but... again, perhaps this time those signals will indeed prove less meaningful. 

One thing I have also noticed about the GFS is that it hates warm-ups at mid latitude ...pretty much everywhere as a unilateral pervasive...albeit subtle bias.  It's not hugely obvious; you almost have to be looking for it.  But it seems to always be the first erode ridge rims back south, and the last to successfully move the 850 isotherm packings in a polarward direction, some 6 to as much as 24 hours at either end of warm interludes.  

interesting. heh.. but, the EPS being less dimming when the GEFs is slightly more seems to also fit with that in a holistic sense. 

it matters, because i need that f'n weekend not to piss - ahaha

we didn't make 90 by nine, which would have made the hundo more feasible/probable than doing it by ten... But, we did make it by ten at numerous sites... HFD, FIT...BOS ..etc.  

we'll see if we can add the 10 after ten to this puppy. 

i don't think it is ludicrous to considering 100 at one or two sites.  MOS products are over 95 as it is in an error-prone atmosphere. with the winds averaging WNW even ...ooph.  no clouds either, at a time of the year when MOS is more likely than not to bust cool when the sun is shinin'

it may stop at 98.4 - ha  

We're not climbing midday like we did yesterday. Most sites have gained another 3-4F in the past 2hrs. I think we end up with mostly 95-97. 850s ended up overperforming yesterday. 00z RAOBs were warmer at H85 than what models have for them this afternoon.

actually, temps have stalled in the last hour...  Really explosive rise since dawn suddenly capped at 10... Those sites that made 90 are still 90 ..

Not that there's anything 'cool' about that number.  interesting.

you know I've seen this in the past many times too... You get this warm look in the models that goes ahead and verifies, but it's always the day before the day that was supposed to be the hottest that ends up being the hottest. 

not saying that's going to be the case this afternoon but -

Pretty hard to get 100 without +20C 850 temps or higher...even in torch areas....though we do have the advantage of not quite being at 100% leaf-out yet. Stuff like oaks and such are still lagging a bit even in lower elevations...so that could help add a degree or two to the temps. But still, looking at MLs, even being generous, I'd def take the under on 100, even for BDL....though I've always learned don't count that site out for anything since it tends to run warm anyways.

54 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Pretty hard to get 100 without +20C 850 temps or higher...even in torch areas....though we do have the advantage of not quite being at 100% leaf-out yet. Stuff like oaks and such are still lagging a bit even in lower elevations...so that could help add a degree or two to the temps. But still, looking at MLs, even being generous, I'd def take the under on 100, even for BDL....though I've always learned don't count that site out for anything since it tends to run warm anyways.

They have touched 99 in May, 1996 and 2010.  Not as crazy as the 96 on 4/19/76, IMO.  (Or CAR's 96 on 5/22/77)

16 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Nice!! And that's on the farm too. Great stuff 

Actually, this is the home base back yard with 50/50 shade/sun where I mounted the PWS sensors (for balanced sampling).

In the fields, I'm certain it is brutal. 

Just hit 99 even. Breeze has kicked-up a little, that helps make it tolerable.

My day job is in State House Square in downtown Hartford, I'll figure out just how hot is it when I walk out the lobby in a few hours.

4 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

It'll be warmer at 00z...but 19.7C looks tough.

Yeah...I was looking more toward 00z. Yesterday really overperformed over guidance from the previous couple of days. Today probably comes in as progged with 18C or so.