Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Model Mehham

Ginx snewx

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I mowed last night and they were everywhere. All over me ,the grill, the truck.. 

Sounds like your spray worked 

Yep, little tiny gypsy moth caterpillars everywhere so far.  Most trees are fully leafed out down here with the exception of the Oaks.  I they're struggling since they all got stripped last year.  Unfortunately about to get stripped again.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, NJwx85 said:

Central air works wonders. I will probably have it on Thursday.

I turned mine on for a few days last month.  I killed the heat this morning hopefully for the last time.  A/C tomorrow.  Touch screen>installation.

9 minutes ago, weathafella said:

I turned mine on for a few days last month.  I killed the heat this morning hopefully for the last time.  A/C tomorrow.  Touch screen>installation.

It's a beautiful thing.

And don't have to worry about waiting to see if a day 10 heat wave verifies.

23 minutes ago, dendrite said:

MAV has 94F tomorrow for CON, MHT, and BDL. Hottest of the year maybe?

Had the year's warmest in May in 2004, 2010 (tied) and 2015.  Also in April 2009.  In 6 other years the May max was 1-3F below the year's tops.  I see 2017 being the 7th (or perhaps the 4th "winner")

20 hours ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Extended looks like we return to BN to end the month. 

Yup...   appears we can't shake the smack (ha!)  ... characteristics of blocking seems to be an oscillatory reemergence ... like, gone for five days (more so than less); followed by a mid winter look (albeit up the scale by 20 or 30 decameters)

To early to tell if it's a lengthy thing, but I suspect it just modulate away from it just like the last.  We'll probably flip the current heat back to normal over the weekend, then ...at some point later next week we'll have a run in again with the cold Atlantic pissy schits and a rain event or two, then the heat returns in the first week of June.  

The goal here to remember is God's intend to royally f-up Mem weekend for all those that work really hard in career/life and need that three day bust out freedom to NOT be an imprisonment indoors because of the weather...  Otherwise would mean failing that agenda, which then questions the infinite power of that particular deities rule.  ... aside from beign yet another reason that proves he's really just a dicchead with a superior P.R. department ...  

kidding of course... but, it does look like Mem weekend's in the risk area.      

80 by 8 is ... so-so on return rate.  I've seen that a few times in these deep continental warm sectors...Not so sure about mid May, though. 

The question is, do we make 90 by 9.  That's sort of a bench mark for upping your odds at nicking a hundo for a high. 

Another adage I've heard is "10 after 10" .. so that would argue you could do it if it is 90 by 10.  However, over the years at our latitude, I've come to find we really need our skies very uncorrupted with cloud filaments/debris and/or thick bio and industrial hazing to pull that off, because our sun is just weaker enough that margin for error really narrow by that time of day.  I have seen 98 or 99 a few times at 90 by 10 with a wonderfully wrong timed cirrus plume to blame.   

Either way, we appear to have popped the 80 by 8 ...which in itself is pretty damn spectacular for May 18.  The occurrence of heat is not ridiculous in May...but, as our local vernacular goes, "big heat" is another story.  The last time we exceeded 95 in May (I think less than certitude) was 2011, before that ...gosh, I think it was a long while. I know we did in the earlier 2000's... Preeetty sure the climo around here has 96 and up as pretty rare prior to June 1.