Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Model Mehham

Ginx snewx

36 minutes ago, weathafella said:

But the torch this week is legitimately mid summer heat.  92-94 at BOS Thursday?

This morning, GYX discussed possible low 90s reaching the SW edge of their CWA on Thursday (followed by back to seasonable and dry for the weekend. Those sunny 60s would be just fine.) 

I'm sure Kevin will argue that the trough axis will be west on Memorial Day weekend, and it very well may start off that way but it still doesn't look like any kind of heat.  Perhaps  moderate humidity before the trough axis swings through , hopefully it's not too much of a washout as I was trying to get up to Maine with some decent weather. Obviously things could change when we're dealing with this amount of time range.

It's a 'whiplash warm up'

These tend to happen in mid to late spring shortly after climo's been stressed by a cold pattern... You get this weird yaw in the other direction when it breaks. 

Something similar happen in 2005. It was pretty dank right up to about the 1st of June and within that first week we had a couple days that rather abruptly soared to 90-95 with 72 like DPs.  'Magine that happening after 10 days straight of 42 to 51 mist and thrashing rains and wind. 

Not saying this will be exactly that transitional... but, by a shier margin we will be jolting from relative misery to something like three days of 80 to 90 with steadily rising DPs. 570 dm thickness!  not bad...

Anyway, they don't last long?  they seem to just decay after 2 or 3 day's worth of bust out heat ...back to more neutral ...this seems to want to follow that script.

4 hours ago, CTValleySnowMan said:

I'm sure Kevin will argue that the trough axis will be west on Memorial Day weekend, and it very well may start off that way but it still doesn't look like any kind of heat.  Perhaps  moderate humidity before the trough axis swings through , hopefully it's not too much of a washout as I was trying to get up to Maine with some decent weather. Obviously things could change when we're dealing with this amount of time range.

I wouldn't say that at all. From this far out it looks like 70's for the holiday weekend. 

This reminds me of 2012 (I think) where we had cool showery weather in the 30's for Memorial Day weekend and by mid-week we were into the 80's.  I had a half marathon the next weekend and stood no chance as I had no opportunity to get acclimated.  People were dropping like flies.  Here's hoping to a cool first Sunday in June this year though at least we are having some warm days now.

52 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Are you writing your name in the pollen all over the furniture?

Ha, haven't really seen any pollen at all, or any bugs.  

Im sure they are coming through.  Still pretty much stick season on the mountain but leaf out is starting to work it's way uphill.

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

Finally a nice night to have the windows open.  Low of 42F after midnight but bounced back up into the 50s by sunrise. 

Thats more like summer sleeping weather.

Frost on the vehicles this morning, probably 50-50 chance it's the last of the season, though some near 0C 850s next week.  (And Memorial Day weekend looks messy but lots of time for changes.)  Blackflies out checking the menu; this week's warmth will spur their appetites.  Picked up a dog tick from roadside grass while walking the dog this morning.

22 hours ago, tamarack said:

This morning, GYX discussed possible low 90s reaching the SW edge of their CWA on Thursday (followed by back to seasonable and dry for the weekend. Those sunny 60s would be just fine.) 

I would think with those 850s coming our way ASH should be able to do it.

Oh and CON since it's so torchy now.