Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Model Mehham

Ginx snewx

1 hour ago, ORH_wxman said:

To get more specific on dendrite's comment about the BOS max temp in 2005...it was 8.7F below the 1936-2016 mean...the coldest on record and a full degree colder than 1967 which had very cold low temps too to help the monthly departure.

Right, and that's what people always remember. Nobody really cares about temps near 40 at night, but get max temps that struggle for 45, and it becomes memorable. God that month was so bad.

6 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Right, and that's what people always remember. Nobody really cares about temps near 40 at night, but get max temps that struggle for 45, and it becomes memorable. God that month was so bad.

Glad we didn't live there, my average high was 62 versus Bostons' 57

16 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

it left emotional wounds - period

17 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

One way in which it was memorable was that I was running a field trip to Canobie Lake Park. We kept postponing it due to the cold, wet wx.  I have never had to move a trip that many times before.  I think we rescheduled it 4 or 5 times.

2 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

Since BOS has been a Logan airport, only May 1967 was colder than 2005. For Tamarack's 19 year period, BOS also has the next closest May a full 3 degrees warmer (May 2003) vs 2005. That month (2005) was 6.1F below the 1936-2016 mean. Not sure what the departure is for Tamarack's place if you maybe compared Farmington to their 1936-2016 mean.

2005 is 5.6° below my 19-year avg, but only about 4° below Farmington's for a longer period, back thru about 1960.  The temp record clearly shows that the obs location was in a warmer location (downtown rather than 1.5 miles north?) in the 1930s-50s, an assumption supported by the lack of such warmth at other locations, so I don't usually include that period for comparisons.  May 1997 (which dumped about 97" on MWN, so lots of cool shots) in Farmington was 0.5° cooler than 2005, though both were well above 1967, the co-op's coolest May. 

13 minutes ago, tamarack said:

2005 is 5.6° below my 19-year avg, but only about 4° below Farmington's for a longer period, back thru about 1960.  The temp record clearly shows that the obs location was in a warmer location (downtown rather than 1.5 miles north?) in the 1930s-50s, an assumption supported by the lack of such warmth at other locations, so I don't usually include that period for comparisons.  May 1997 (which dumped about 97" on MWN, so lots of cool shots) in Farmington was 0.5° cooler than 2005, though both were well above 1967, the co-op's coolest May. 

May 1967 is still the all time worst May with ORH even recording flakes on the 25th,almost 3 degrees cooler than May 05

52 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Enjoy the smell of a wet , hot kennel next week

My home is clean well kept and smells just fine thank you. How many days has your heat been on since you installed due to your forecast of days and days of summer? Epic fail by the way 

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Man, what a heater middle and end of next week. If not installed folks going to go thru 2-3 rolls per sitting

Looks like the nice stretch of weather arrives the middle of next week and lasts about 6-7 days before the next trough moves in.