Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Model Mehham

Ginx snewx

2 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

What are you talking about? The rest of the week is NE flow lol..You and Socks have it backwards

No it isn't. The only day with predominately NE flow is today. Midday tomorrow we flip to more southerly. Wouldn't be surprised if we all end AN both days. 850 warms up nicely tomorrow so once the sun pops we are in good shape.

Just now, jbenedet said:

Yea if this was what to expect with BD's none of us would ever complain. It's nice out; can even get by without a jacket in the sun.

I have longitude over you too. A few clouds here and there, but the theme for the day is mostly sunny.

Yeah... the sun offsetting is key. 

I was under a different impression that we would end up with more clouds capping this sort of putrid polar/Marine stuff...  But, that changed beginning 00z the night before in increments; enough so that now the week actually doesn't look too bad - certainly not socked in like it did in the guidance tenor from two days back.  I distinctly recall a succession of lows going just underneath us, with episodic high pressure building passed to the N back then.  Sneakily changed -

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

Yay. Lets rush in heat in early May since all the beaches and pools are open. 

I feel like when we get a ridiculous torch in April or early May, we often never get warmer again the whole summer. Like 2009, 2001, and 1976. Probably just anecdotel, but I'm always rooting more to wait until June.

1 minute ago, dendrite said:

Ah yes. Locking in summer in New England in April. Always a good idea. 

It's easy to downplay any cutoffs in May with highs in the 40s by just pointing to OP runs that show 85-90F at day 8. So we "ignore" the cutoff and just focus on the heat. Summer's here.

24 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I feel like when we get a ridiculous torch in April or early May, we often never get warmer again the whole summer. Like 2009, 2001, and 1976. Probably just anecdotel, but I'm always rooting more to wait until June.

But then there was 1977...solidly AN in stretches in April and May, then AN in July w/ a high of 102

2 minutes ago, MJOatleast7 said:

But then there was 1977...solidly AN in stretches in April and May, then AN in July w/ a high of 102

'77 was a crazy year..also had the record snowfall of over a foot on May 9-10 back in the interior.