Newest Member
    SnowHabit
April 5-6 Severe Threat

MattPetrulli

• Replies 824
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, LithiaWx said:

Meh, we will see.  I'm not saying if the High risk verifies or not.  The threat does seem diminished here from what we were looking at yesterday.  There were lots of colorful maps showing huge potential here that seems to have been shifted well south and east.

There is a supercell near my parents' home right now in East Alabama, and there is an omnimous looking cell that just formed less than an hour ago in Carroll County.  Ironically, both are riding upon an outflow boundary predicted yesterday by the forecasted helicity values...

Meh, we will see.  I'm not saying if the High risk verifies or not.  The threat does seem diminished here from what we were looking at yesterday.  There were lots of colorful maps showing huge potential here that seems to have been shifted well south and east.

There's still plenty of "colorful" maps, you're just too busy crying bust now to notice. No offense. All of GA is in a 15% hatched tor for Christ sakes. Enough already.

This cell produced a reported tornado earlier near Monetta and Johnston SC:

BULLETIN - EAS ACTIVATION REQUESTED
Tornado Warning
National Weather Service Columbia SC
248 PM EDT WED APR 5 2017

The National Weather Service in Columbia has issued a

* Tornado Warning for...
  Southeastern Richland County in central South Carolina...

* Until 330 PM EDT

* At 247 PM EDT, a severe thunderstorm capable of producing a tornado
  was located 8 miles south of Fort Jackson, or 10 miles southeast of
  Forest Acres, moving east at 30 mph.

1 minute ago, lj0109 said:

This cell produced a reported tornado earlier near Monetta and Johnston SC:

BULLETIN - EAS ACTIVATION REQUESTED
Tornado Warning
National Weather Service Columbia SC
248 PM EDT WED APR 5 2017

The National Weather Service in Columbia has issued a

* Tornado Warning for...
  Southeastern Richland County in central South Carolina...

* Until 330 PM EDT

* At 247 PM EDT, a severe thunderstorm capable of producing a tornado
  was located 8 miles south of Fort Jackson, or 10 miles southeast of
  Forest Acres, moving east at 30 mph.

That is close to my parents house. It flooded out 2 years ago with the huge rain storm. They do not need this. 

5 minutes ago, kayman said:

There is a supercell near my parents' home right now in East Alabama, and there is an omnimous looking cell that just formed less than an hour ago in Carroll County.  Ironically, both are riding upon an outflow boundary predicted yesterday by the forecasted helicity values...

Yeah, that cell in E AL looks like it has a nasty hail core at least. We'll see if it starts to rotate.

Just now, SmokeEater said:

There's still plenty of "colorful" maps, you're just too busy crying bust now to notice. No offense. Enough already.

3 minutes ago, SmokeEater said:

New tornado watch goes all the way to Montgomery, AL, and north to Southern Indiana. Yup it's over, lol.

I never said it was over.  Go back and read exactly what I said.  You're being disingenuous now.

Just now, LithiaWx said:

I never said it was over.  Go back and read exactly what I said.  You're being disingenuous now.

The cell over Mt. Cheaha (south of Oxford) in East Alabama is rotating right now and about to go to a warning soon.

10 minutes ago, SmokeEater said:

There's still plenty of "colorful" maps, you're just too busy crying bust now to notice. No offense. All of GA is in a 15% hatched tor for Christ sakes. Enough already.

yeah it's too early to be talking about busts...however to be fair, it's not unreasonable to question whether or not the cold pool/weak cad over the heart of wedge country..which is a fairly small area over NE ga...where these cold pools have  repeatedly held on much longer than expected and been a thorn in the side of forecasters in these situations many many times...and  I don't think he's questioning whether everywhere else will not see widespread severe weather. 

that said, let's move past this and get back to focusing on current storms. still a long ways to go. 

Just now, SharonA said:

Looks like the Anniston/Oxford cell has gotten some rotation starting ...

Eastern edge of the Carroll County cell has started raining + additional thunder in western Douglas County.

The aforementioned cell near Anniston/Oxford is rotating right now as it goes over Mt. Cheaha and through the Talladega National Forest.

41 minutes ago, farleydawg79 said:

The northern movement of the warm front did not materialize today as much as expected.  Later afternoon/tonight, more development will occur in AL and head east as the front passes through.  

I'm looking at a surface map on weather.com and i dont see any fronts in the vicinity of GA. There's a stationary front in KY, VA and a cold front entering AL but i don't see anything anywhere near GA.

1 minute ago, No snow for you said:

Once again it looks like the NAM nailed the CAD again for the upstate. 

Just like the last high risk in Jan or Feb...wedge held strong from ATL north and was a big bust up there.  This time around, however, the boundary could really help feed those long track super cells working through Georgia.  

Archived