Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
April 5-6 Severe Threat

MattPetrulli

20 minutes ago, NJwx85 said:

Any thoughts on the threat level for Augusta given par 3 tourney is today and round one is tomorrow?

Par 3 will be scratched IMO.   Tons of C2G lightning with the storms not ever warned already.  Tomorrow should be fine, just windy and brutal condtions by Augusta standards.  I would think almost all of today will be canceled except the earliest practice rounds.

• Replies 824
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, WXinCanton said:

Par 3 will be scratched IMO.   Tons of C2G lightning with the storms not ever warned already.  Tomorrow should be fine, just windy and brutal condtions by Augusta standards.  I would think almost all of today will be canceled except the earliest practice rounds.

Everyone could play the par 3 with 1 irons. Not even god can hit a 1 iron. 

9 minutes ago, WXinCanton said:

Was there yesterday for the practice round, such a beautiful course.. but not one that I would want to be on with severe weather bearing down.  Today I will be drifting into E TN and try to catch the cell that looks to develop near Chattanooga early this afternoon.  Then I plan to work my way toward Knoxville where updraft helicity looks to really pop as the sun sets.  Some very high severe indices and extreme lots of upward motion.  Anywhere that sees good sun today has the chance to really see a strong storm later this evening.  Stay safe everyone! 

that storm in eastern alabama had 75dbz in one of the composite scans a little while ago...very impressive. must have been some ungodly hail

not sure what's up with the hrrr the last few runs. it's completely missing all this activity...odd since earlier runs looked fairly accurate. 

3 minutes ago, Lookout said:

that storm in eastern alabama had 75dbz in one of the composite scans a little while ago...very impressive. must have been some ungodly hail

not sure what's up with the hrrr the last few runs. it's completely missing all this activity...odd since earlier runs looked fairly accurate. 

I noticed that too.. I've never seen the Hrrr whiff that bad on sim radar just a few hours out. Strange.

HRRRSE_prec_radar_003.png

2 minutes ago, Lookout said:

@MikeWDross 53m53 minutes ago

6Z NAM3km has a better handle on current trends than HRRR. HRRR is having serious issues /w convective initialization in the south this AM.

Not sure what to make of this mornings convection........it doesn't seem to be nearly as extensive as the usual mass of junkvection that ruins our severe weather days here....at the speed the first wave is going it may be out of here fairly quickly.  SPC mentions the warm front stalling just to the north of Atlanta.  if the warm sector can stay clear until early afternoon watch out.  

The National Weather Service in Peachtree City has issued a

* Tornado Warning for...
  Northwestern Fayette County in north central Georgia...
  Southeastern Carroll County in northwestern Georgia...
  Northeastern Heard County in west central Georgia...
  Northern Coweta County in west central Georgia...
  Southwestern Fulton County in north central Georgia...

* Until 900 AM EDT

* At 814 AM EDT, a severe thunderstorm capable of producing a tornado
  was located over Plant Wansley, or 7 miles north of Franklin,
  moving east at 45 mph.

Locations impacted include...
  Newnan, Fayetteville, Peachtree City, Union City, Fairburn, Tyrone,
  Palmetto, Whitesburg, Centralhatchee, East Newnan, Chattahoochee
  Hill Country, Plant Yates, Byers Crossroads, Arnco-Sargent, Powers
  Crossroads, Handy, Dunaway Gardens, Cannongate, Plant Wansley and
  Sandy Creek.

46 minutes ago, Lookout said:

Apparently, the Maxwell and Fort Rucker/Tallahassee radars are still down so it is affecting the HRRR and other hi-resolution models forecast. 

Archived