Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
4/6 Strong April Storm Discussion & Observations

bluewave

3 minutes ago, Juliancolton said:

I think precip amounts could bust high tomorrow. Marginal instability maxes out around the same time that the strong upper-level divergence is maximized.

It's really going to come down to whether or not the storms in the afternoon train over the same areas or if they end up further West.

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Brian5671 said:

2 inches from NYC southwest towards Philly-that's the jackpot.  Lesser amounts north and West of NYC in the order of an inch to 1.5 inches.

Thanks, seems to be a consensus that the stronger convection will be right along 95. FWIW NWS favors areas just NW of 95.

47 minutes ago, NJwx85 said:

I'm inclined to think that we might have NCEP model verification problems up this way too. I am favoring an UKMET/Euro blend right now.

It's a pretty interesting situation.  As you and others have said, it depends where the heavy bands set up.

34 minutes ago, NJwx85 said:

If the initial batch ends up offshore we're going to be in trouble IMO. The 18z RGEM isn't backing down on most of that activity going South of LI

Big trouble, we don't need this rain.. The less the better will just make more mud for the weekend

21 minutes ago, Stormlover74 said:

LOL GFS has barely 1/2" for most. More on LI

I'm thinking these dry solutions have merit-first batch is going to miss well east and models have been keying in on that.  The low then deepens well to our west and the big rains from that end up west and leave a dry slot of sorts for those in this forum.

27 minutes ago, Brian5671 said:

I'm thinking these dry solutions have merit-first batch is going to miss well east and models have been keying in on that.  The low then deepens well to our west and the big rains from that end up west and leave a dry slot of sorts for those in this forum.

You might be right but I think even if that happens most people get more than what the GFS shows.

3k NAM would be my friend----> I am driving to Florida with the family , leaving in 1 hour can anyone offer a little insight as to when and where our weather could be bad ? Im in Maryland Washington by 11/ 12 tonight and I am in Virginia 2 /3 am ,,,,,NC around 5 am and SC around 8 am,,,,Im going to go check out the Mid Atlantic thread now but any input appreciated guys thanks in advance 

14 minutes ago, Stormlover74 said:

Since there's no warnings up in Ohio I'm guessing the line may not be quite that intense

Something happened with the radar. In any event the Southern portion of that line is now severe warned. It's expected to weaken as it crosses PA overnight.

Archived