Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
4/6 Strong April Storm Discussion & Observations

bluewave

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some more activity is developing down the DC-BWI corridor but that looks to be moving more on a West to East trajectory as winds aloft have flipped. However after the SLP tracks, winds should flip to back out of the Southwest, so theoretically we could get some more showers after the main line exits.

2 minutes ago, bluewave said:

Very  storms approaching the South Shore with the winds shifting SE at Wantagh gusting to 38 mph.

http://www.nysmesonet.org/mesonow#?stid=WANT

My PWS (Davis Vantage Vue) is sited at 6 feet, relatively sheltered from the E/SE, and it recorded the highest gust ever (2 years of records at this location) at 26 mph...winds must have been close to 50 mph, my home security cams showed the trees swaying like crazy

1 minute ago, doncat said:

Sun out here but still 44 degrees...warm front may make it past here for awhile this evening.

The South Shore has been getting warm sectored more quickly recently than areas closer to the city. 

31 minutes ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

Turns out that site is only about 4 blocks from my house or about a quarter mile. So I lucked out with having a professional level setup almost in my backyard

We got close a month of rainfall over the last week.

1 day:
0.60"
3 days:
1.57"
7 days:
3.47"

Archived