Newest Member
    SnowHabit
April 2017 OBS

Isopycnic

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Chinook said:

3-day rainfall in the Southeast (NWS hi-res rainfall analysis). Looks like a hurricane came through this area.

sBANqoJ.png

You have Shetley to thank.  This is what happens every time he says we won't get a drop of rain for the next decade, with temps above 300.

A little rain lasts a long time!

Johnston County Public Schools will operate on a 1-hour delay tomorrow, April 27, for staff and students due to issues with road conditions. Buses will run one hour later than normal.

Currently over 20 roads have been closed by the NC Department of Transportation and several other roads have flooding issues. Buses have been rerouted for these known issues and rerouting will continue until the roads are reopened.
The 1-hour delay tomorrow morning will give bus drivers the opportunity to see the roads and be prepared for any issues that may have occurred overnight.

39 minutes ago, Solak said:

It's only 82° out, but the DP is an oppressive 72°!

Yep to early for this ****.....however the models look awesome for early May....doesn't top 80 once in the run after May 1st IMBY and we got this kind of rainfall.....going to make it tough to get a hot dry summer with this kind of rainfall

gfs_apcpn_seus_52.thumb.png.17a8711465e46fbb9eccd6ed1765d522.png

7 hours ago, Iceagewhereartthou said:

First time it's really felt like summer to me. 80/71 and it's supposed to reach upper 80s. Very soupy out there. Looking forward to cooling back down next week.

High of 88.2 - the humidity was absolutely oppressive today for April - my son participated in a CESA soccer game (at MeSA) and it felt like mid-July

2 hours ago, drfranklin said:

High of 88.2 - the humidity was absolutely oppressive today for April - my son participated in a CESA soccer game (at MeSA) and it felt like mid-July

Hit 88 here too.  HI hit 90.   It was a precursor to what's to come, soon. 

Today will allow me to appreciate the nice cooldown on the horizon. 

Archived