Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
April 2017 OBS

Isopycnic

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope I finish the power washing I want to do today before I get slighted...

This Afternoon
A slight chance of showers between 2pm and 5pm, then a slight chance of showers and thunderstorms after 5pm. Partly sunny, with a high near 81. West wind 5 to 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
Tonight
A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms before 7pm, then a slight chance of showers between 7pm and 9pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 56. Light northeast wind. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

1 minute ago, jshetley said:

Only about 2 drops here. The old summertime pattern where we miss all rain is here already. Our best chance here will be on Sunday, but I'm betting that system dries up a lot too and does not give the area much rain. 

I'm only at a 1.07" so far, this drought/ non rain events suck!

1 minute ago, mackerel_sky said:

I'm only at a 1.07" so far, this drought/ non rain events suck!

Take a look at the storm total precip map on GSP's radar though and you'll see just how small an area is getting good rain. The drought is not going anywhere. D3 and D4 drought will be the big story around the southeast by around June 1.

12 minutes ago, jshetley said:

Take a look at the storm total precip map on GSP's radar though and you'll see just how small an area is getting good rain. The drought is not going anywhere. D3 and D4 drought will be the big story around the southeast by around June 1.

Why did you make the Indians mad? Do you still think we will see 125 temps this summer. 

25 minutes ago, No snow for you said:

Why did you make the Indians mad? Do you still think we will see 125 temps this summer. 

Someone will get to 110 or higher this summer unless things change. Temps can heat up fast with dry weather for long periods of time, which we will have plenty of this summer.  Look back at August 2007 and you'll see How June right through August will be this summer. 3 months this year instead of 3 weeks in 2007.

39 minutes ago, jshetley said:

Someone will get to 110 or higher this summer unless things change. Temps can heat up fast with dry weather for long periods of time, which we will have plenty of this summer.  Look back at August 2007 and you'll see How June right through August will be this summer. 3 months this year instead of 3 weeks in 2007.

Columbia doesn't count. 

14 hours ago, jshetley said:

Meh,  we hit 108 in 2012.  GA had the worst drought in 15 years or more and we didn't get temps even approaching 110 last year.  It takes a perfect storm to get the temps you're talking about.  It takes way more than just drought. 

Archived