Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - December 2017

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, canderson said:

Last night: 2-3" rain coming through Friday morning.

This evening: we mayyyy see .5" total, maybe.

Yeah...very little rain so far east of the river. We had a few light showers today, and that's been it. Skies down here have actually cleared somewhat the past couple of hours. 

11 hours ago, maytownpawx said:

Yeah...very little rain so far east of the river. We had a few light showers today, and that's been it. Skies down here have actually cleared somewhat the past couple of hours. 

I have one small puddle in an I jet - pretty dry otherwise and radar isn't trending well. 

Between 6 - 7 am certainly made up for all the boring yesterday. An hour straight of seemingly tropical downpours had most of our sidewalks and yards covered in standing water when over, with roads not much better or sometimes even worse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 hour ago, canderson said:

York City has had an estimated 5" rain the in past 2 hours. Tiny little cell that hasn't moved.

Nary a drop here yet but I expect something hits us before the night ends.

2.25" here at home. Cell developed pretty much right over us late this morning, wife said it rained non-stop for 4 hours. 

27 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

Pretty crazy little storm rolled through our area last night, trees down all over our township. A co-workers neighbors house is totally destroyed, Rye Township Perry county.

We had a nice rain from that cell but none of the wind. When I saw photos over toward you I was shocked it had that power behind it.

In other news, today succcccccccccccccccccccks. Looking forward to next week when this heat wave says goodbye.

1 minute ago, canderson said:

We had a nice rain from that cell but none of the wind. When I saw photos over toward you I was shocked it had that power behind it.

In other news, today succcccccccccccccccccccks. Looking forward to next week when this heat wave says goodbye.

i was shocked at how many trees fell and how many calls we had. 

It is toasty, leaving for OCMD for 10 days tomorrow am :)

5 hours ago, sauss06 said:

i was shocked at how many trees fell and how many calls we had. 

It is toasty, leaving for OCMD for 10 days tomorrow am :)

Enjoy the time down there. We just got back from a week on the beach. Weather was great. It stormed twice while we were there but both times were at night. The second night of storms was by far the best. We sat out on our balcony after the really heavy rain and wind passed through and watched the lighting out over the ocean for about an hour. Very relaxing. Oh and the water was beautiful. I don't remember a year when it had been that clear. One day we were out about 30-40 yards from the shore and could see all the way to the bottom. Really good time. 

16 minutes ago, Voyager said:

It's pretty pathetic all these supposed thunderstorm days the past month and a half and I've not seen one flash of lightning not heard a rumble of thunder the entire time...

Yea, its pretty lame. Also yet another set of storms that completely shafted the camp hill area. my wife was just laughing at the radar and my face :(

1 hour ago, Anduril said:

It'll split us like Houston Dynamo is splitting the **** out of DC United :( so much splittage

I know that feeling. I don't call it the "Tamaqua Split" for nothing. For some reason I-81 up this way is like the Berlin Wall for storms. Lines roll cleanly across the state, hit I-81 and split or fall apart. Usually, after clearing my area, the split closes back up, or the entire line reforms, and nails points east of me.

Archived