• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA - December 2017

Well, we got decent rain yesterday with 0.92" in the gauge, but as I stated previously, not ONE rumble of thunder.

While my rain gauge is still spot on, I think the fan in my temperature sensor "kicked the bucket", as it's currently showing 82 degrees here at 8:20am. The only stations in PA close to that temp are Philly and Harrisburg, and they are at 78 and 76 respectively. I doubt Tamaqua is the warmest location in the state right now...

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/20/2017 at 11:26 AM, canderson said:

We had a nice rain from that cell but none of the wind. When I saw photos over toward you I was shocked it had that power behind it.

In other news, today succcccccccccccccccccccks. Looking forward to next week when this heat wave says goodbye.

That storm on Wednesday evening took down a massive section of a neighbor's tree here in Marysville. Luckily it missed their house & car, & they had a tree service company out that same night so they could get out of their driveway. 

This humid weather needs to get out of here ASAP. The longer range forecast seems to be advertising a cooler than Normal pattern from the end of July into the first couple of weeks of August. I really really really hope that forecast verifies!

2 hours ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

That storm on Wednesday evening took down a massive section of a neighbor's tree here in Marysville. Luckily it missed their house & car, & they had a tree service company out that same night so they could get out of their driveway. 

This humid weather needs to get out of here ASAP. The longer range forecast seems to be advertising a cooler than Normal pattern from the end of July into the first couple of weeks of August. I really really really hope that forecast verifies!

I saw that you posted and immediately thought we were getting ready to track the first 384 hour threat of the winter season. :)

1 hour ago, canderson said:

Harrisburg International Airport recorded 4.27" of rain between 6 and 7 p.m. 1.83" fell in 21 minutes.

... me, in the city, got around .4" lolololol.

Over 4 inches in one hour is crazy!

"Only" around one inch in my backyard, but that was still enough to bring the small creeks and streams out over their banks.

BULLETIN - EAS ACTIVATION REQUESTED
Tornado Warning
National Weather Service State College PA
329 PM EDT MON JUL 24 2017

The National Weather Service in State College PA has issued a

* Tornado Warning for...
  Central Northumberland County in central Pennsylvania...
  Montour County in central Pennsylvania...
  Central Columbia County in central Pennsylvania...

* Until 415 PM EDT

* At 328 PM EDT, a severe thunderstorm capable of producing a tornado
  was located over Montandon, moving east at 20 mph.

HAZARD...Tornado and quarter size hail.

SOURCE...Radar indicated rotation.

IMPACT...Flying debris will be dangerous to those caught without
           shelter. Mobile homes will be damaged or destroyed.
           Damage to roofs, windows, and vehicles will occur.  Tree
           damage is likely.

* This dangerous storm will be near...
  Riverside and Mooresburg around 350 PM EDT.
  Danville around 400 PM EDT.
  Bloomsburg, Buckhorn, Rupert, Fernville, Catawissa, Eyers Grove,
  Knoebels Grove and Lightstreet around 410 PM EDT.

Other locations impacted by this tornadic thunderstorm include
Orangeville, Espy, Bloomsburg University and Lime Ridge.

18 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

That was quite the random thunderstorm last night in Cumberland/Dauphin Counties.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Something weird happened - I was watching it come east and the thunder and lightening and once it hit the river it just ... died. I got a trace of rain overnight - it just evaporated as it crossed the river.

Meanwhile our big rainstorm today/tomorrow is going south - probably get 1" maybe but the 2-4" for anyone north of, say, York, looks grim at best.

Something weird happened - I was watching it come east and the thunder and lightening and once it hit the river it just ... died. I got a trace of rain overnight - it just evaporated as it crossed the river.

Meanwhile our big rainstorm today/tomorrow is going south - probably get 1" maybe but the 2-4" for anyone north of, say, York, looks grim at best.

I received about 3.5" the other day, so 2-4" would just make my yard into a wet land/mosquito breeding ground

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

3 hours ago, canderson said:

At least you'll get perhaps an inch. Some of the models barely give me 1/10 of an inch... :axe:

50 minutes ago, canderson said:

Yeah I don't think you see much of anything. This is looking like a typical Turnpike-south winter setup to my (untrained) eyes.

Yup. I was just going to post about seeing where the "brick wall" is going to set up. Right now it looks like near or south of the 78/81 split...

Archived