Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - December 2017

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Had at least dime sized hail or so here at home with the early afternoon storm, which eventually became the tornado warned storm in the next county over in Huntingdon. I was in State College at the time so I missed it. I've seen multiple pics/videos of accumulated hail out of that one in Huntingdon County...like this out of Alexandria, PA (Credit). 

DBF502SU0AA2S57.jpg-large.thumb.jpeg.a70eb3fd7b62e4050a6642aac7e8fbd0.jpeg

Outside of the mini heat wave two weeks ago this has been a really unsettled and cool month. 

On 6/5/2017 at 9:09 AM, canderson said:

Where was this pattern in Dec, Jan, Feb or March? This is a straight up winter pattern we've had for about a month and it looks to continue for at least another week.

I hate heat so I'm fine with it, but still.

Ditto......

thats all I've got for now...

carry on......

:P

Nut

Hello everyone!

I am happy that this heat wave should only last 3 days. Then we get to go back to the 70's & 80's. The Breaks in the heat help me to get through summer!

Now, I'll go back to dreaming about the weak El-Nino that is supposed to develop for next winter. It would be nice to have a winter that has more to it than just 1 large storm & done!

On 6/11/2017 at 0:57 PM, Blizzard of 93 said:

Hello everyone!

I am happy that this heat wave should only last 3 days. Then we get to go back to the 70's & 80's. The Breaks in the heat help me to get through summer!

Now, I'll go back to dreaming about the weak El-Nino that is supposed to develop for next winter. It would be nice to have a winter that has more to it than just 1 large storm & done!

back to the 70's & 80's.    Crawls outta cave.....:ph34r:

weak El-Nino that is supposed to develop for next winter     reads this............:D.....

Crawls back in cave.......

Nut

Another thing going for you guys this winter is that I'm no longer part of the region! 10 winters in State College and nothing more than a slightly above normal snowfall winter with our biggest event being 14". Now it's back to the new snow capital of the US along the I-95 corridor!

18 hours ago, Jmister said:

Another thing going for you guys this winter is that I'm no longer part of the region! 10 winters in State College and nothing more than a slightly above normal snowfall winter with our biggest event being 14". Now it's back to the new snow capital of the US along the I-95 corridor!

Well I'm not sure how thats a good thing, but if it helps w/ snow....alrighty then.  

Congrats on the relocation and cause you know how we roll round here.....you're always welcome.

Now we have a place to crash when the coastals start rippin this year......heheh...lolol...heheh...lolol.

Nut

1 hour ago, pasnownut said:

Well I'm not sure how thats a good thing, but if it helps w/ snow....alrighty then.  

Congrats on the relocation and cause you know how we roll round here.....you're always welcome.

Now we have a place to crash when the coastals start rippin this year......heheh...lolol...heheh...lolol.

Nut

In those same 10 years, Philly (where I came from) got more snow than they knew what to do with so I figured the snow tends to be where I'm not haha.

It's not the true coast, but yeah I'll definitely be more interested in the tropics here than in State College. 

29 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

I can't wait for all the rain to die off around Cumberland and Franklin counties only for a huge line to fire up around Hershey leaving us with about .25" of rain

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It was crazy yesterday how i had downpour for 20-30 minutes and a buddy of mine a couple miles away had complete sun. At least i didn't have to water the garden and flowers

1 hour ago, canderson said:

Wait you got rain yesterday?!

down poured for 20-30 minutes. My daughter and i were on the gun range and saw it coming, hurried up and got our weapons picked up just in time. its was around noon because we left for the Senators game around 1245 and there appeared to be no sign of precip on city island

8 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

down poured for 20-30 minutes. My daughter and i were on the gun range and saw it coming, hurried up and got our weapons picked up just in time. its was around noon because we left for the Senators game around 1245 and there appeared to be no sign of precip on city island

Yeah, not a drop yesterday. And right now there is a little cell that split the city again. :) Storming in Linglestown, raining in New Cumberland, dry as can be here lol.

Archived