Most Online
    ChicagoGuy
    Newest Member
    ChicagoGuy
Central PA - December 2017

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Definitely flood advisory worthy conditions around here this morning. Some small streams are out, poor drainage flooding, significant runoff, etc. This ended up being a pretty impressive rainstorm overnight into the first part of this morning. 

Oh yea, and here is that -NAO we were waiting for all winter. 

4indices.thumb.png.de39999586e75a7bc1ed130fd1a47734.png

4 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

I'm told 2" over home. By the sounds of it, the farther you head west in Cumberland County, the more rain they received. There are a lot of issues in Cumberland County!

Had 1.4" when I left this morning around 8:15, so I'm guessing 2.2" at least. It was POURING between 9-10.

It looks like more showers are developing in western PA & down in VA. They will rotate in to most of CTP by later this morning & this afternoon.

It also looks to be cold at night this coming week. Most days have lows in the 30's with more frost & freeze for some of us. It looks like some snow flakes may even fly over northern & western parts of our region according to CTP.

I have a huge conference I'm responsible for Thursday and Friday, and Thursday I have three different walking tours (one in the morning, two in the afternoon before 5 p.m.).

What are the rain chances looking like Thursday? Trying to decide if I need to go buy 30 umbrellas for guests ...

• 2 weeks later...

Archived