• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - December 2017

31 minutes ago, canderson said:

This said we still get a greatbrain storm, it's raining pretty good now and a little thunder.

this would be like complaining after a 8" snowstorm lol

You guys look to have a decent showing down there. It won't be epic, but at least some interesting weather. Up here, it's been painful to watch, perhaps moreso than a winter snowstorm because this isn't supposed to happen in the middle of summer. The last few radar loops actually show moderate to heavy rain forming over central and western Schuylkill County, and moving west AWAY from Tamaqua.

I swear, I've said it many times over the past few years, but where I live has to be one of the "suckiest" locations in central and eastern PA for a weather enthusiast...

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Voyager said:

You guys look to have a decent showing down there. It won't be epic, but at least some interesting weather. Up here, it's been painful to watch, perhaps moreso than a winter snowstorm because this isn't supposed to happen in the middle of summer. The last few radar loops actually show moderate to heavy rain forming over central and western Schuylkill County, and moving west AWAY from Tamaqua.

I swear, I've said it many times over the past few years, but where I live has to be one of the "suckiest" locations in central and eastern PA for a weather enthusiast...

Hey you have an extended cab truck - you can drive with a bed to a storm..;) 

I watch all your videos - what do you typically haul? Always been curious.

Just now, canderson said:

Hey you have an extended cab truck - you can drive with a bed to a storm..;) 

I watch all your videos - what do you typically haul? Always been curious.

If I could, I would, but it's a company truck...

I haul corrugated sheets to box manufacturers, and occasionally, like today, giant rolls of paper that we use to make the corrugated sheets. By tomorrow morning, I'll have today's video up, and I show a little bit of the rolls toward the end before I delivered them. They are 112" high and are floor to ceiling in a drop-deck van trailer.

1 minute ago, Voyager said:

If I could, I would, but it's a company truck...

I haul corrugated sheets to box manufacturers, and occasionally, like today, giant rolls of paper that we use to make the corrugated sheets. By tomorrow morning, I'll have today's video up, and I show a little bit of the rolls toward the end before I delivered them. They are 112" high and are floor to ceiling in a drop-deck van trailer.

Good deal. You had a bit of job juggling there for a while but seems like you've settled into a nice role, plus home every night. Can't hardly beat that!

This radar would be great to see in about 5 months (my apologies to Voyager & Williamsport !) 

This week we mercifully flip to our last month of met summer. I am beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel with my least favorite season. It will soon be time for winter previews from all of our favorite mets.

Fascinating system for mid-summer. Can't remember anything too much like this in all the years I've been following the weather here. Nothing extreme, at least out this way, but radar really looks like the classic winter setup with the dryslot and deform band with storms training west.

16 minutes ago, pawatch said:

Definitely a crazy storm to watch. It got all the way up to us, then started retracting and heading west.

Last week we picked up about 3.00" of rain in a 24 hr period. Also been having some thunderstorms popping up and dumping about 0.30" at a time.

You could see it starting to take place before it actually happened. I mentioned it in an earlier post last night.

It was then that I knew we were done.

Heat is much easier to take in August. 90 degree days are the worst in May...you think, "3 months from now it will be August, and still 90." Now, 3 months gets us to November. 

While we wait for cooler weather, Mammoth Mountain will be closing for the winter ski season this coming Sunday. Skiers out there don't have a long off season of waiting, that's for sure. 

We just got caught in a rainstorm I've never ever seen here. Erford Road in Lemoyne washed out at the dip, we had to turn around in our Rav4. The bottleneck was underwater so had to turn around and take Market back to 11/15 to cross the Harvey Taylor. Both left/right lanes of Front are impassable as only the middle lane isn't flooded out.

That's the worst flash flooding I've seen since moving here in 2006.

And here we got sandwiched by two storm complexes so far today. The first one fringed me to the south and east. I got a whole one one hundredth of an inch out of that one. The second one an hour later missed me to the west and north outright. Didn't see a drop of rain out of that one.

Now I see a nice line out west of the Susquehanna. I wonder if that MIGHT have chace at holding together.

It's been quite a frustrating summer for the severe storm lover...

25 minutes ago, Voyager said:

And here we got sandwiched by two storm complexes so far today. The first one fringed me to the south and east. I got a whole one one hundredth of an inch out of that one. The second one an hour later missed me to the west and north outright. Didn't see a drop of rain out of that one.

Now I see a nice line out west of the Susquehanna. I wonder if that MIGHT have chace at holding together.

It's been quite a frustrating summer for the severe storm lover...

It's preparing for you winter! 

Archived