• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - December 2017

1 hour ago, MillvilleWx said:

This is the look on 18z Wednesday so right during the afternoon. 500mb pattern continues to show an anomalous upper low over Quebec with low heights over all the Northeast. This would be beyond refreshing with next 4 days feeling like soup. 

IMG_2629.thumb.PNG.15cd12ebbb74bb372c0ea48221d76fe8.PNG

Preach it brother......

Preach it!!

Voyager....you are a closet snow lover and we all know it...and if not, well you picked a tough place to love warm n sticky talk...

Us summer cave dwellers are excited to see the seasons turn, enjoy autumn, and start chattin about SNOW!!

My cave is well stocked and I'll happily hand you the keys in a few weeks :)

Nut

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, canderson said:

You love winter, admit it. You are safe here, we are all friends. :) 

Not really. The only redeeming quality is following the models for a storm. otherwise, I really don't like it.

22 hours ago, MillvilleWx said:

115 degree heat and the food isn't as good as back east (At least from my experience) lol. The Monsoon is cool though!

Depends on the food. Pizza sucks, Chinese is pretty good, the Mexican (at the right places) is out of this world, and of course good steak houses. I love it out there. The only thing keeping me here at this point is my step-daughter and grandchildren. If it weren't for them, I'd be gone.

As for the weather today, I got 1.2" total from two storms. One at 3:00am and the other about 4:00pm.

1 hour ago, Voyager said:

Not really. The only redeeming quality is following the models for a storm. otherwise, I really don't like it.

Depends on the food. Pizza sucks, Chinese is pretty good, the Mexican (at the right places) is out of this world, and of course good steak houses. I love it out there. The only thing keeping me here at this point is my step-daughter and grandchildren. If it weren't for them, I'd be gone.

As for the weather today, I got 1.2" total from two storms. One at 3:00am and the other about 4:00pm.

Yeah, I can't disagree with you there. Best Mexican I've ever had came from AZ. My best steak came from Deming, NM. Unbelieveable place off I-10 in the middle of nowhere. Glorious ribeye. Now I want to go back lol

Just checking in, it's been a pretty busy summer for me as I bought a house and have moved. I'm still in Central PA though.. in fact I'm only about 4 miles down the road from where I was haha so it should be business as usual when winter rolls around. 

Been a wet summer here, I don't know if I've ever saw the grass so green so late into the summer... it's still growing like crazy. We usually get a dry spell at some point during a normal summer but not this one so far. 

40 minutes ago, MAG5035 said:

Just checking in, it's been a pretty busy summer for me as I bought a house and have moved. I'm still in Central PA though.. in fact I'm only about 4 miles down the road from where I was haha so it should be business as usual when winter rolls around. 

Been a wet summer here, I don't know if I've ever saw the grass so green so late into the summer... it's still growing like crazy. We usually get a dry spell at some point during a normal summer but not this one so far. 

Nice to see you - congrats on the house.

Summer is nearly over. Hallelujah. 

18 hours ago, MAG5035 said:

Congrats MAG!! I moved about 3 miles away this summer myself. Been nuts at work too. Finally seeing some light at the end of the crazy tunnel.

Euro and GFS in agreement for the refreshing shot of cool air for the second half of this coming week. Post frontal DP's dropping into the mid 40's to mid 50's pending where you are (Drier to north and west of 81). Temps into the upper 60's northern PA to upper 70's to near 80 along southern border. Absolutely amazing conditions at this rate for August. If you have the chance to get out an enjoy it Thursday-Saturday, get out and do it!!

That line of storms early evening yesterday did a pretty good number on Blair County.. specifically the Tyrone area where the damage included a roof being blown off a building in town and a majority of the town losing power.

http://www.wearecentralpa.com/news/storm-rolls-through-causing-damage-throughout-the-region/794438180

I was just getting back into Altoona right when the storm was arriving and got a nice look at the shelf cloud and drove through some pretty good wind gusts and dodging some tree branches. Was working yesterday and never got a good look at the parameters for this yesterday but the newspaper did have one of the local mets mentioning relatively dry air aloft yesterday, which would imply a greater potential for downbursts. Looked at the archived meosoanalysis data and noted cold pool aloft with the progressing shortwave at 500mb of temps around -10 to -12ºC and modest but not crazy Downdraft CAPE values. We've had a good bit of rain this year locally but not a lot of actual severe weather, so this was probably one of the biggest events of the summer in the severe department.

IMG_2259.thumb.JPG.629bfba32e0a1c06df5dfaea8cbf63b0.JPG

IMG_2260.thumb.JPG.02d1b8fe415c902e1685ca6d781ef5b5.JPG

9 hours ago, maytownpawx said:

Some parts of Lancaster county are between 3"- 5" of rain this evening. About .15" in my bucket. 

It frickin DUMPED here in Akron.  I thought more like 3'-5'.....

and by the looks of it, another soaker tonight.....

So looking forward to another respite from this mucky crap.  Frost....I'd bet that will be hard to achieve as we usually have trouble early on in the game, but dews in the 40's n 50's will be most refreshing.

Nut

Archived