• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA - December 2017

9 hours ago, MillvilleWx said:

had to excuse myself outside a diner I’m having breakfast at.

This is probably the worst way you could possibly have your food taken away from you and thrown out for the town bums who tear each other pillar to post for a half an eaten stack of three inch thick pancakes, coffee that has been filtering through the same jock strap for thirty-five years, and grapefruit juice that tastes like diabetic piss.

Next time my nonsense costs you food, send me a PM with your info, and I'll send you a photoshop of a Sally Struthers kid eating your food.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, canderson said:

Wind advisory up fir the entire region 4 a.m. to noon Sunday. Gusts to 50 out of the west. I imagine some trees going down up on the mountains after the rain today.

Have to believe so. Way too wet to survive gusts to 50 and above. Going to be frigid for those poor bastards who have to drag them off the roads.

On 11/18/2017 at 5:33 PM, Atomixwx said:

I wonder if BigTenFan will get out of the rain and head home now that this game is over.

Actually with our seats right under the over hang of the press box in the last row of sec WG and the wind blowing in the right direction our seats remained relatively dry considering how hard it was raining. It could have been a lot worse. Did you see the rain at the Ohio State game in Columbus?

Happy Turk Day eve CTP peeps...

After the holiday, I'm headed north for until mid next week, so you wont have to put up with my constant barrage of snow talk......oh, that's right....theres none to talk about.

Hence the crickets and cobwebs in here..... 

Maybe during my brief respite from the boards, Mo Nature will whip up something for me to model watch over.  Not liking the recent trends to back off on a nice early start to winter, but overal pattern still looks like we arent bathing with toasters either.  500mb evolution still looks much better than we've seen in some time with ridging still popping out west and zonal to slight troughiness in the east as we get into December, but as wel know, buyer beware, as we've seen many a good look that struggles or doesnt materialize.  Ensembles all look decent into December, so enjoy your warmup.

I'm out......

Dont forget to be thankful for the little things too :) 

Safe travels....eat like its goin out of style.

Nut

20 hours ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

The pattern looks promising as we roll into December. Also, Some of our favorite Mets like JB & DT think this should be a good winter for us!

Here is to great season of tracking with all of you!

And here I am getting laid off on Dec 1 due to my company losing the dedicated contract for the freight we haul. With up to 26 weeks of unemployment in my future, it would be a great time (for me) to go spend a few months in Arizona with my mom. Of course the wife doesn't like that idea...

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving and enjoyed the seasonal weather for once on the holiday. @Voyager I'm really sorry to hear about that man. That really stinks. I hope you can find some work in the future. It probably wouldn't be bad to hang out west if you have time to enjoy the warmer weather if you get the chance. Chin up my friend. You know we'll all be here for you. 

3 hours ago, Voyager said:

And here I am getting laid off on Dec 1 due to my company losing the dedicated contract for the freight we haul. With up to 26 weeks of unemployment in my future, it would be a great time (for me) to go spend a few months in Arizona with my mom. Of course the wife doesn't like that idea...

Steve, I really hope things work out for you. I know you've talked about Arizona for a long time, I agree that the situation seems to fit perfectly for you to go out there. Best wishes on figuring it all out. 

10 hours ago, MillvilleWx said:

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving and enjoyed the seasonal weather for once on the holiday. @Voyager I'm really sorry to hear about that man. That really stinks. I hope you can find some work in the future. It probably wouldn't be bad to hang out west if you have time to enjoy the warmer weather if you get the chance. Chin up my friend. You know we'll all be here for you. 

Thanks! As of now, I'm thinking about going out for a couple weeks between Thanksgiving and Christmas, then looking to get back to work after the new year. makes no sense to try and start now, unless someone (company) insists on it.

7 hours ago, maytownpawx said:

Steve, I really hope things work out for you. I know you've talked about Arizona for a long time, I agree that the situation seems to fit perfectly for you to go out there. Best wishes on figuring it all out. 

It almost does seem to fit, and that God (I'm a believer) is opening the door to such a scenario for a permanent move back out there. I'm not sure though, as I wonder, would he want me to leave my wife (she flat refuses to move even though my mom could really use the help) to make the move.

Archived