Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - December 2017

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty solid frost here this morning to bring in the beginning of October, temps were around 35ºF. Sensible weather around here looks to continue being generally dormant the next 6-10 days with moderation back to above normal temps. I'm sure the expanse of minor short term drought conditions (D0) will be expanding in the area with this week's drought monitor report... it's certainly been a dry span of weather the last month. 

11 hours ago, pasnownut said:

Hello Autumn.....nice to finally see you.  

gfs_z500aNorm_us_24.png

Looks short lived 

I really hope we get some decent storms this year. Added another truck/plow/salt spreader to the fleet. Upgraded an older spreader to a new one. Had two fertilizer machines fitted with custom plow setups to make a total of 4 ride on, salt spreading, fertilizing, weed killing, snow plowing machines. Gained a few new sites this year as well. 

2 hours ago, canderson said:

... turns out it was a complete non-event here. Got 1/4" rain and 2-3 gusts to mayyybe 30 around 10 p.m. 

yeah little gusty here as well, but a real dud in the rain guage.  Really needed the heavy rain to clean off the street from the water main break this weekend.  Mud...yuk.

Looking forward to tomorrow and beyond for real fall weather (which i know includes swings in temps) but not the boring above average stuff weve been seeing.

Nut

2 hours ago, canderson said:

Euro has a massive sub 980 storm hitting NJ Sunday afternoon. Hurricane force winds along the coast and boatloads of rain all the way back to Altoona it appears. Similar storm than Sandy from my untrained eye, just not as built up along the coast. 

yeah, looks like a reall ****ty day. Will it even hit 50 on Sunday? I better get my wood split and stacked Saturday. 

Archived