• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - December 2017

So folks, the misses and I bolted NEPA and are now in Savannah Georgia. guess what? we are under a ws watch for 1 to 2 inches of white stuff. the first snow here since 1989... SHould be interesting. I'll continue to watch here as well.

Blessings.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Rickg2 said:

So folks, the misses and I bolted NEPA and are now in Savannah Georgia. guess what? we are under a ws watch for 1 to 2 inches of white stuff. the first snow here since 1989... SHould be interesting. I'll continue to watch here as well.

Blessings.

That's awesome! I have to ask...how do you like it down there? Savannah is a city my wife talk about visiting all the time but haven't gotten to yet. We are both history buffs and hear that area is amazing. 

1 minute ago, maytownpawx said:

That's awesome! I have to ask...how do you like it down there? Savannah is a city my wife talk about visiting all the time but haven't gotten to yet. We are both history buffs and hear that area is amazing. 

I was born here so I kind of know the lay of the land. We live on one of the islands and it is amazing. Food is incredible here. It has gotten cold here, right now we are about 23F.

I moved here o escape the cold :) . Late in 2016 I had a portion of my lung removed due to a cancerous tumor. I have been in remission and things are good except that if I get in to cold air, I cannot breath. We thought that the 2 or 3 days a year that it gets cold here wouldn't be an issue. 

as far as the history, this place rocks! I live about 10 minutes from both the city and Fort Pulaski. ( a 1800's fort). lots of tours and other things to do.

11 minutes ago, Rickg2 said:

I was born here so I kind of know the lay of the land. We live on one of the islands and it is amazing. Food is incredible here. It has gotten cold here, right now we are about 23F.

I moved here o escape the cold :) . Late in 2016 I had a portion of my lung removed due to a cancerous tumor. I have been in remission and things are good except that if I get in to cold air, I cannot breath. We thought that the 2 or 3 days a year that it gets cold here wouldn't be an issue. 

as far as the history, this place rocks! I live about 10 minutes from both the city and Fort Pulaski. ( a 1800's fort). lots of tours and other things to do.

Well, I wish you good health and enjoy your homecoming. We need to pull the trigger and get down there. We've spent a lot of time in Florida over the years and have always wanted to stop in Charleston and Savannah. Time to make it happen.

Oh yeah...enjoy your southern snow! 

3 minutes ago, canderson said:

Several friends say they have frozen pipes this morning. With it not warming up until at least Monday, going to be a profitable week for plumbers. 

And that midweek storm is DOA for this entire region but it might end up as an absolutely bomb of a monster up in New England. 

Certainly looks bleak regarding the storm - I just can't give up yet. I still get enjoyment tracking. 

3 minutes ago, Superstorm said:

Still think light snows make it at least Lancaster County from that beast.

In my heart right now I've got this feeling that eastern Lanco gets in on this while those of us close to the river (and especially the NW part of the county) are on the outside looking in. 

God i hope I'm wrong. 

3 minutes ago, Wmsptwx said:

Do any models even show cpa getting precip? Even philly looks left out by this guy. At least you have single digit highs to look forward to.

Not really regarding precip. Barring a miracle most of PA outside the extreme SE corner looks to be shut out on this one as of now. 

Yes, looking forward to Friday and Saturday. Good walking weather continues. :)

1 hour ago, canderson said:

What sucks is we warm to slightly above freezing Monday for a rainstorm, then quickly drop back to arctic temps the next day. That's funny stuff. 

That's happened many times over the years. It's funny how often it happens after extreme cold events too. I remember going from negative temps to 50s and rain in 24 hours. 

2 hours ago, maytownpawx said:

That's happened many times over the years. It's funny how often it happens after extreme cold events too. I remember going from negative temps to 50s and rain in 24 hours. 

Yeah shows ice to rain to snow.  It better snow lots, cause as were likely sitting thursday out, Im gonna be fit to be tied if that happens....

You've been warned..... :)

I don't care what the models show right now regarding plain rain for next Monday.  Mark my words...the "warm-up" to cause plain rain will be muted and likely delayed.  It is very common to have a freezing rain storm (when the track is west of us) immediately following a significant arctic air mass and/or immediately coming off of very high pressures of 30.70" or greater.  I predict that if plain rain does occur here it will constitute less than 50% of the total liquid from the event.

14 hours ago, Rickg2 said:

First, let me say that I'm glad to hear that you are in remission!

As for the cold and breathing problems, that's why my widowed mom continues to live in Arizona despite the fact that there is no family there. She has severe COPD, and has tremendous difficulty breathing when temps go below 40 even with oxygen.

I've been pushing to move out there to be closer to her, but not understanding this, my wife and her family feel she should move back here so she's not alone.

If it wouldn't outright kill her, she'd at the very least be a shut-in for half the year, whereas, out there, she can still get out and about when she needs to.

Archived