joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - December 2017

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, maytownpawx said:

Wife and I walked 6 miles today...absolutely beautiful day to walk along the Susquehanna. Still about 80% ice-free down this way. Looking forward to walking again on Sunday and/or Monday to see how much more ice there is then.

It's been awhile since I saw as much ice on the mighty susky this early, up this way anyhow. 

53 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Winter Weather Advisory was recently posted for the LSV for around 2 inches of snow tomorrow! 

Hi Blizzard!  Thanks for making me aware of the newly issued WWA for the area. 

Just arrived back here, at my wife's parents house in Lancaster, Pa...after traveling to the Tug in Upstate NY to document the big LES event.   Hoping we both see a minimum of 2" from this upcoming event!

Screenshot_20171229-192311.png

6 hours ago, ncforecaster89 said:

So sorry for your loss and that of your wife and family; prayers, here!

1 hour ago, canderson said:

Sorry for your loss, man. Brutal this time of year. 

Thanks guys, and yes indeed a brutal time of year (winter notwithstanding) for it to happen. He passed on Christmas morning. It was tough, but we pulled it together for our grandchildren (his great grandchildren) to give them as normal a Christmas as possible. Still, the oldest one (10) is taking it very hard as they shared a common love of sports and were very close.

35 minutes ago, MAG5035 said:

Steady light to moderate snow has settled in here and already a fresh coating on everything, temp 15ºF.

Sorry to hear about your loss Voyager.

Light snow started in Marysville & already a light coating on everything. We are not wasting any flakes with this one !

Voyager, sorry to hear about your loss.

2 minutes ago, MillvilleWx said:

How is everyone's morning so far? Looks like radar has really looked good for many in the sub-forum. Pretty solid band over by South Mountain currently. I can see 3-4" around there. A nice powdery 1-3" with local 4" elsewhere. Not bad!

2” here and mod snow.    Best rates of storm currently 

28 minutes ago, MillvilleWx said:

How is everyone's morning so far? Looks like radar has really looked good for many in the sub-forum. Pretty solid band over by South Mountain currently. I can see 3-4" around there. A nice powdery 1-3" with local 4" elsewhere. Not bad!

I have about 2 inches here in Marysville which makes this the best event of this season so far.

It is currently snowing moderately. MDT had visibility at .75 mile an hour or 2 ago, so hopefully we get a decent event in the books later on.

Radar looks good back to western PA, so maybe we can get to 3 inches of snow before this is done.

Archived