Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - December 2017

1 minute ago, skiier04 said:

KUNV updated to 3-5" :o

Light snow falling now and sticking to everything!

congrats bud.  nice little synoptic event to get more of us in the mood.  First flakes falling as we speak.  MD seems to be gettin a little love too.  At least i wont be afraid to go into the MA forums tomorrow :P

BTW, seeing your name i should tell you that i just took my boards to get bindings and boots rigged up.  been almost 2 decades away from skiing, and we got a crazy good deal for the fam. through my cousin5 sets of boards/poles and 1 set of boots for 100 clams.  Looking forward to a little non motorized ski fun this year as well.  I just need to be on snow damnit....dont care if its real at this point...(well i do but you know what i mean).

Nut

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, maytownpawx said:

Interesting...I'm still at less 1". 

i just checked and youre right.  Looking at hrrrrrrrrr and mezo's looks like eastern lanc has a little better qpf in 2 pulses.  Not sure im buyin, as this is a clipper...but hey, after saturday, who am i to judge....

next week is look fun (although a couple brief warmups possible).  Just need timing to be right.

Enjoy all.

Nut

2 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

BTW, seeing your name i should tell you that i just took my boards to get bindings and boots rigged up.  been almost 2 decades away from skiing, and we got a crazy good deal for the fam. through my cousin5 sets of boards/poles and 1 set of boots for 100 clams.  Looking forward to a little non motorized ski fun this year as well.  I just need to be on snow damnit....dont care if its real at this point...(well i do but you know what i mean).

Nut

Awesome dude!!!  Hope you have a good time after so long away from the sport. I'm planning on hitting up Holiday Valley soon to cash in on the fake snow turns :p....but for this weekend I'll definitely enjoy some fresh powder at the local Tussey Mountain.... perfect weather for their opening weekend :wub:

Just now, skiier04 said:

Awesome dude!!!  Hope you have a good time after so long away from the sport. I'm planning on hitting up Holiday Valley soon to cash in on the fake snow turns :p....but for this weekend I'll definitely enjoy some fresh powder at the local Tussey Mountain.... perfect weather for their opening weekend :wub:

looking at holiday for a family day trip from cabin.  You like it up there?  Was on website and it looks impressive...plus they get help from the lakes.

i was a pocono/roundtop/doe mtn (yes....im THAT old) skier.  My boy has a board and i cant wait to get out w/ fam.  wife may ski but will likely keep the lodge occupied some.

15 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

hmmm...if they are gettting their arses whooped....text her and tell her to drive fast and take chances.....till first flake falls....then slow your roll n enjoy the winter landscape...

j/k about the driving fast, but id get her out ahead of whatever she can.

Nut

She interns for the Bears so she stays the entire time. But it's just starting so I think she'll get back ok

3 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

looking at holiday for a family day trip from cabin.  You like it up there?  Was on website and it looks impressive...plus they get help from the lakes.

i was a pocono/roundtop/doe mtn (yes....im THAT old) skier.  My boy has a board and i cant wait to get out w/ fam.  wife may ski but will likely keep the lodge occupied some.

Holiday Valley is great for a family vacation! There's something there for everyone. 

16 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

congrats bud.  nice little synoptic event to get more of us in the mood.  First flakes falling as we speak.  MD seems to be gettin a little love too.  At least i wont be afraid to go into the MA forums tomorrow :P

Nut

You picked a good time to get back into it, this weather pattern should be yielding some of the best early season skiing/boarding in years once everyone's opened up. With how cold it's been I'd have to think they have been cranking tons of snow with the snow guns and having the natural stuff as well.

8 minutes ago, MAG5035 said:

You picked a good time to get back into it, this weather pattern should be yielding some of the best early season skiing/boarding in years once everyone's opened up. With how cold it's been I'd have to think they have been cranking tons of snow with the snow guns and having the natural stuff as well.

I really wanna snowmobile but they don’t make snow for that. Skiing would be off weekend kinda stuff. For what we got in it it won’t put me in poor house ( Holy crap it got $$)

sawmill is about 1/2 he from cabin  small but never crowded n lotsa runs.  Wore kids out in 1/2 day.

0F0439D8-9610-4B8D-A120-7DFF59F6694D.png

Light but steady snow continues to fall here for the past 2 hours.  Very crystalline, which makes lots of irregularities of depth on the board.  I'm going with 0.3" for now.  Temp 24.

Only been 5 days since I last saw snow (down in ATL).  Love December snows.

GFS has been hinting at possible white Christmas for us the past few runs.  I'll keep dreaming...

Had to make a trip to Bedford and back for my part time job earlier tonight.. we knocked this clipper out of the park here. I-99 was probably better suited for a horse drawn sleigh. Measured 5.0" here with a little bit more lingering for maybe a bit more additional accumulation. Can see precip starting to move out pretty rapidly now on radar. Def a quick and hard hitting clipper.. good thing it came in the overnight hours. 

3 hours ago, 2001kx said:

4.7" so far

1 hour ago, MAG5035 said:

Had to make a trip to Bedford and back for my part time job earlier tonight.. we knocked this clipper out of the park here. I-99 was probably better suited for a horse drawn sleigh. Measured 5.0" here with a little bit more lingering for maybe a bit more additional accumulation. Can see precip starting to move out pretty rapidly now on radar. Def a quick and hard hitting clipper.. good thing it came in the overnight hours. 

Congrats guys. 

We started out fine, then it kinda petered out around 11 i'm guessing. we may have gotten an inch. Man, its great to have the ground white, makes me all giddy B)

1 hour ago, sauss06 said:

i agree. and especially at Christmas 

lights.jpg

looking just fine bud.

Yeah, i'd say 1" is more like it for us.  Just a powdered sugar bomb.....

Hoping next week doesnt concede to Mr. Grinch.  Wasnt a great overnight set of runs.  Far from any consensus for next week, but maps are like Tigger on roids.....bouncing all over the place....

Nut

Archived