• Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

Dumping here in Akron. 

Closing in on 4”. 

Gotta love an overachiever!!!

2CEAE27C-24ED-4520-973B-BD1C8913467D.jpeg

Awesome man! Congrats!

The cars are snow topped & there is a dusting on the grass here in Marysville. It was enough to have a little snow ball battle with the kids & our neighbors. 

There is still light snow falling now. Hopefully we get a few more inches of snow with the clippers this week.

About an inch and a half here in Tamaqua, maybe a bit more. Not measuring right now though as I don't have a snow board set up and it just now started sticking to the paved areas so nothing would be accurate enough to call official. Still, as of now, it's about what I expected for the area. It does look like we have a few more hours of light snow ccoming at us, so we may get close to, or slightly exceed the 2 inch mark.

Hi all again from (now sunny but cold) Atlanta...

We ended up with about 3" on the deck this morning, with about 4" of total snowfall from the event.  Everything was gorgeous as the snow stuck to all the trees, etc since the temp hovered between 32 and 33 overnight.  This 4" of snow is TWICE THE SEASONAL TOTAL for Atlanta, which averages about 2" per year.  LOL

I see there's been some backbuilding of the snow with the western fringes in western Cumberland county.  I have someone taking care of our dog at my home so I will go have him measure my board after the snow ends.

Enjoy your storm!!  We're not able to get a flight back (standby...but free for parents) until tomorrow morning, so we're just relaxing today watching Netflix while Josh is on a layover in New Orleans.  He just told us that even New Orleans had snow yesterday!  Amazing.

2 minutes ago, CarlislePaWx said:

Enjoy your storm!!  We're not able to get a flight back (standby...but free for parents) until tomorrow morning, so we're just relaxing today watching Netflix while Josh is on a layover in New Orleans.  He just told us that even New Orleans had snow yesterday!  Amazing.

Good luck with getting home. I have a flight out tomorrow morning from ABE to Philly to Phoenix. I hope there isn't a ripple effect from this storm, and I end up delayed or cancelled...

For those of you who love the snow, this has been a nice little overperformer. Last I measured we were at 2 inches, and its been moderate since that time, so I'm sure there's more now. For me, I was quietly hoping for an underperformer as I have to get to ABE in the early AM (leaving house between 3 and 330am) for my flight. The wife was going to drive me, but we've changed that. I'm driving down myself, and they will go get my vehicle later tomorrow after the weather settles down.

Next post will have an undated measurement.

Managed to get my deck pic of the action.. looking eastward.

IMG_2381.thumb.jpg.77365ee37c05e8650157b9cc8c6d1c45.jpg

Congrats to the southeastern folks in this forum that managed to score a nice first event of the season out of this. I hate sitting on the sidelines for snow events but knew the pattern alignment was not favorable to get it back this far. I actually would consider it fortunate that the Sus Valley managed to get a piece of this storm. Typically when we see waves like this that are shoved all the way down to the point it's pretty much snowing into Mexico and through the Gulf Coast and Deep South they don't usually teleconnect too well to any central PA snows.

Our next potential event will be the Tuesday clipper system.. which could be fairly potent. Key will be if we can get low track a bit further south. Right now models run the low north of PA, sending the best precip axis through northern PA and/or above. That low is then destined to likely redevelop on the coast for a New England storm. Even if the low runs north there still will probably be some kind of snowfall to contend with through the rest of the commonwealth, esp western half... and given potent shot of arctic air behind this system I would watch for a band of snow squalls and the travel issues that can come with that. Significant shot of cold air behind the clipper with 850 temps dropping into the -14ºC to -16ºC range throughout all of PA. That coupled with a more favorable NW flow should light the LES up in the west with some stuff likely getting through the central counties as well.

MDT recorded 1.0 inch of snow at the 5 pm daily climate summary.

They are still reporting light snow with 2 mile visibility at 5pm, so maybe they will squeeze out another tenth or two?

They also could have a magic revision at the final daily climate summary overnight & cut it back like they did last year a couple of times.

Hopefully we do this again on Monday night with the clipper.

2 hours ago, Superstorm said:

Taking kids to city in a couple weeks. How much is parking at Iselin?

Cheap, like $10/day. Giant parking garages but don’t go on a weekday as they fill. 

We usually park at Secaucus Junction as it only requires a 10 min NJT ride bit I didn’t wanna have to shovel out. It’s about $25/day iirc. 

Finally made it back home on the morning flight out of ATL.  It was 26 degrees at the airport at 8:00am with clear skies.  I totally missed out on this event here in Carlisle.  Just a trace for the total, which was shocking since the radar looked so good for so long.  Glad I got to enjoy the same experience you guys did, one day sooner down south.  It made the sting much less seeing the bare ground visible from Mechanicsburg on west.  I would say there was at least 0.5" of snow still on the ground at MDT when we landed at 11:30am, with some very light occasional flurries.

On to Monday night??

11 hours ago, pawatch said:

Looks like we could pick up inch of LES overnight.

How about that Buffalo game.

8 hours ago, pasnownut said:

That was crazy for sure. Never saw anyone play in such deep snow. 

It should me mandatory, that if there is a game that is in full out blizzard mode, it should trump all other games being shown and be put on all network stations immediately. 

Archived