Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - December 2017

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Superstorm said:

Won't see thunder snow, but should NOT be dry either.

He's in Pittsburgh so it will be dry. 

I just don't like riding the western edge. I read on here last winter from a very reputable met that you want to be within at least the .25" of QPF to avoid a let down. Where models show .1 or .2, it often doesn't verify. There are a lot of models that have western Lanco at that amount or less. You should be good where you are. 

43 minutes ago, maytownpawx said:

He's in Pittsburgh so it will be dry. 

I just don't like riding the western edge. I read on here last winter from a very reputable met that you want to be within at least the .25" of QPF to avoid a let down. Where models show .1 or .2, it often doesn't verify. There are a lot of models that have western Lanco at that amount or less. You should be good where you are. 

Sorry, frustrated obviously. Since 2010 out our way I think we might have had one or two events over 6 inches, but you go 100 miles either way from us and there has been at least one foot plus event. 

Watching Mississippi get 3-6 inches doesn’t improve my mood lol.

6 minutes ago, KPITSnow said:

Sorry, frustrated obviously. Since 2010 out our way I think we might have had one or two events over 6 inches, but you go 100 miles either way from us and there has been at least one foot plus event. 

No need to  apologize, I totally get it. I was just letting Superstorm know why you said what you did. It's been a really rough stretch of years for the Steel City...

2 hours ago, KPITSnow said:

I'd rather smoke cirrus and get nothing than a coating to an inch or two. It's not worth the hassle as all it does is cause unnecessary work (sweep or shovel) and make a mess out of things (salt on the roads).

26 minutes ago, Voyager said:

I'd rather smoke cirrus and get nothing than a coating to an inch or two. It's not worth the hassle as all it does is cause unnecessary work (sweep or shovel) and make a mess out of things (salt on the roads).

Good luck w/ your flight tomorrow, we may pass you on 78 as we're headed to NYC.

7 minutes ago, canderson said:

Good luck w/ your flight tomorrow, we may pass you on 78 as we're headed to NYC.

Thanks! You've got a day on me, though. My flight is on Sunday. I was originally going to go on Saturday, but last weekend the talk was about possible snow on Saturday so I pushed it back a day. Looks like I may have made a good call.

I'll nickle and dime way all winter inch by inch. 

My favorite scenario is a nice snow pack (something that cannot melt to where grass is showing even on the warmest/wettest of days) and than get continuous refreshers every time it starts melting off. That happened a few years ago...we had 2 months of continuous pack for that very reason. 

2 minutes ago, maytownpawx said:

You've been awfully quiet on today of all days...you must have been REALLY busy. 

Was bow hunting this morning and bringing firewood in this afternoon. I’ve been chiming in more in MA forum.  They have a large group of snow hounds. I wished this one here and it’s gonna be a nice event for our first. 

Now im going for a tree with family and going to enjoy seeing first flakes.  

For this who like it enjoy every flake. 

Nut. 

Archived