Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
April Obs/Disco Thread

George BM

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply
https://forecast.weather.gov/product.php?site=LWX&issuedby=LWX&product=AFD&format=CI&version=1&glossary=1&highlight=off

Lows primarily in the 60s, but the cities may not drop below 70.
This has never happened before in DC (in April) - record high
min is 69 set in 1896.

The year 1896 holds the record high min for Baltimore for five
consecutive nights in April. They dropped only to 70 on April
19, 1896.

It was so hot hazy and very humid tonight that I was outside on a torrid jebwalk wearing a wet t-shirt trying desperately to stay cool.

THE FRIGGING DEWPOINT WAS 68 DEGREES AT 10PM! This is late April, not June 20!!!! I have been living in Dale City since 1967! I should know what the temperature should be in Dale City on Apr 28!

This will be a record hot summer. DCA is gonna break high temperature and high warm minimum temperature records left and right right into Thanksgiving!

7 hours ago, Jebman said:

It was so hot hazy and very humid tonight that I was outside on a torrid jebwalk wearing a wet t-shirt trying desperately to stay cool.

THE FRIGGING DEWPOINT WAS 68 DEGREES AT 10PM! This is late April, not June 20!!!! I have been living in Dale City since 1967! I should know what the temperature should be in Dale City on Apr 28!

This will be a record hot summer. DCA is gonna break high temperature and high warm minimum temperature records left and right right into Thanksgiving!

We've gotten to the point where we are not safe from a heatwave in any month of the year.  2 years ago it was December.  This year it was February ...... and April.  If something doesn't interrupt this warm pattern we've been in for the last year+, we will be scorched-earth this summer. 

5 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

Went out and biked C & O canal today from Brunswick to point of rocks and then up to harpers ferry. Definitely muggy but clouds kept it from feeling unbearable. I did feel for the people running the 100 mile ultra along the trail today - damn hot for that...

I can't think of any weather where I'd have the slightest inkling to run for 100 miles. Good for them, though. I could never do it

Clouds here most of the day and upper 80's.

Dewpoint in Woodbridge VA is 71 degrees.

In Washington DC the dewpoint is 72 degrees.

Its late April. Its still spring.

One word sums this horrible weather up:

Ugh!!!

Something has GOT to be done about global warming. At the rate we are going, DCA could have a few days in July with highs well into the one hundred teens.

6th straight day of thick fog to burn off. Friday's was incredible, probably densest I've ever seen, like in your face type of visibility. Yesterday got to 86.8, not a record (88 in 1996) but still plenty warm. Had a storm roll through after 5, hailed about 4 miles to my west but nothing at my place.

I haven't had allergy problems this bad in 30+ years.  Even w/ my Zyrtec, I haven't been able to go outside for 10 minutes w/o my eyes itching, burning, and watering so badly that, in effect, I'm blinded.  This is maddening.  Every day, hot, dry, and breezy... and at the very peak of my allergy season.  This is ****ing April, why is it so god-damn hard to get some ****ing rain?

45 minutes ago, MN Transplant said:

89.1 today.

Highest min temp in April DC records.

Tied for the highest April DP on record.

Warmest April on record.

Warmest Jan-April on record.

We are rolling.

Chinese hoax in full effect.  

1 hour ago, Eskimo Joe said:

IAD tied their record of 86.  DCA didn't get below 70.  Wonder if DCA sits above 70 again tonight.

Tomorrow's record high min is the lowest of the month at 66. Could make a run at that even with a rain-cooled evening.

Numbers for the month of April-

4.65 inches of precip fell for month vs average of 3.30, a + 1.35. The largest rainfall occurred on 24th with 0.99 inches falling. A T of snowfall was recorded on both 8 and 9, a T for the month vs average of 0.3, a -0.3. 18 days with measurable, 3 days with a T and 9 days dry. 

High averaged was 70.1 vs climo of 66.5, a +3.6 for month. Highest temp was on last day of month with a 86.8 degree high. Average low was 45.5 vs climo of 38.4, a +7.1 for month. Lowest temp occurred on 10th with a 29.7 degree low. Average temp for month was 57.8 vs climo 52.4, a +5.4.

Highest wind happened on 8th with a 40 mph recording.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived