Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
April Obs/Disco Thread

George BM

4 hours ago, Bob Chill said:

Hit 87 briefly. Pretty warm. Went trout fishing with my daughter and we caught 4. She caught 3 of them which was awesome. Good times. 

My son has been running a lemonade stand on a busy street the last 3 days. Little tycoon has brought in $285 in 3 days.  Lol. He said 3 cops, 2 bus drivers, and an ambulance stopped for drinks. I figured he'd make some money but no way would I have guessed nearly 300 cabbages. 

Spent the day doing the same.

IMG_8846.JPG

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Drove over to harpers ferry area - rented a bike in Brunswick and did a 24 mile ride along the C & O canal late morning into early afternoon with lunch in Harpers Ferry. Was cloudy and cool the drive over from Baltimore this AM but the clouds broke near Brunswick and was another gorgeous day. Return to Baltimore mid-afternoon revealed sun was finally out here, nice evening.

It was breezy, a HOT breeze.

When we hit the upper 80s/ low 90s in late May it is fine. Thats normal.

But this weather in mid April? When the normal is 67/47?

Ugh. This is too damned HOT!

California has had the damned TROUGH long enough. They got their water.

I demand that trough back here in northern Virginia! All I am asking for, is average temps. Thats a high of about 66 and a low of about 46.

Thats not that much to ask. We dont need summer heat and humidity in mid April.

We roasted in 2010.  Hard to believe it could have been worse than this.  An absolute miserably hot Easter.

It wasn't.  Just checked.  77F (April 4, 2010).  Still brutal for early April, but the the real heat didn't begin until the day after (84F).  First 90F of the most miserable summer ever came the following day (April 6).  I don't know if I could make it through another summer like that one again.  What a freakin' nightmare.

2 hours ago, losetoa6 said:

I agree with upper 80s being a little too toasty ..lol but if op Euro is correct it's showing 2 days early next week with highs in the 40's here and low / mid 50s in your yard Jeb. 

I hope so, I'll savor a long EPIC jebwalk with a wet tshirt, in order to get the full effect.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived