Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
April Banter Thread

George BM

• WxUSAF pinned this topic
  • Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Opening Day for the Nats and the Birds looking okay, especially for the Nats with the 1PM start.  The O's game is at 3PM but hopefully the gfs of the past couple of days is right and the rain holds off.

And what potato head scheduled the Nat's and O's to have Opening Day not only on the same day, but overlapping times?

My local store won't have the Founder's KBS until next week so I'm pregaming with Alltech's version. It's okay but not life changing.

Unrelated but we toured the Sagamore Spirit distillery today. It'll be a few years before they turn out a really good product but Kevin Plank sure knows how to spend money.  It's a beautiful facility.

7 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

My local store won't have the Founder's KBS until next week so I'm pregaming with Alltech's version. It's okay but not life changing.

Unrelated but we toured the Sagamore Spirit distillery today. It'll be a few years before they turn out a really good product but Kevin Plank sure knows how to spend money.  It's a beautiful facility.

I am on a call list for the KBS. Not counting on it lol. I bought a bottle of the Victory Java Cask, which is exactly the same style, and it is totally awesome. A bit pricey though. Check it out. I really doubt the KBS is as good as that. 

21 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

I am on a call list for the KBS. Not counting on it lol. I bought a bottle of the Victory Java Cask, which is exactly the same style, and it is totally awesome. A bit pricey though. Check it out. I really doubt the KBS is as good as that. 

The Alltech that I bought was pricey too, and disappointing for the cost. It tastes kind of thin, if that makes sense. I'll definitely check out the Java Cask. I've got a week off coming up soon so may be a good time to head up to Lancaster county for some biking and brewery visits.

1 hour ago, nj2va said:

Huge Caps game vs. CBJ going on right now. We need to win the MET so we're not stuck with PIT or CBJ in the first round.  God, I hate the NHL playoff format.

What a save!  Nice win! Getting close to wrapping up the President's Trophy.

1 hour ago, WxWatcher007 said:

My AmWx bracket is ranked 4,116 on ESPN :lmao: 

Impressisive!!! 

On 4/1/2017 at 5:45 AM, smokeybandit said:

Looks like the Virginia Total Wine stores have KBS, but not MD

On 4/1/2017 at 7:35 PM, C.A.P.E. said:

Tons of stock available this weekend. I went to one of the most popular TWs in the area on Saturday afternoon, and they still had about 15 cases available (2 bottles per person limit). I didn't even go there specifically for KBS. It was just happenstance that I got it. There's supposedly another distribution this week, most likely to places like Whole Foods and Wegman's here in VA. Wouldn't surprise me if MD stores that haven't gotten deliveries are on that schedule.

I could probably have take a couple hours and gone to a few different stores and come away with a couple four-packs total, but that's too much effort. Plus...I probably wouldn't be able drink it all anyway! Good trade bait for next fall/winter though!

Another fantastic barrel-aged coffee stout is Weyerbacher Sunday Morning Stout. Awesome stuff, and I'd highly recommend it.

6 hours ago, mattie g said:

Tons of stock available this weekend. I went to one of the most popular TWs in the area on Saturday afternoon, and they still had about 15 cases available (2 bottles per person limit). I didn't even go there specifically for KBS. It was just happenstance that I got it. There's supposedly another distribution this week, most likely to places like Whole Foods and Wegman's here in VA. Wouldn't surprise me if MD stores that haven't gotten deliveries are on that schedule.

I could probably have take a couple hours and gone to a few different stores and come away with a couple four-packs total, but that's too much effort. Plus...I probably wouldn't be able drink it all anyway! Good trade bait for next fall/winter though!

Another fantastic barrel-aged coffee stout is Weyerbacher Sunday Morning Stout. Awesome stuff, and I'd highly recommend it.

Just talked to the the guy who orders the beer at Washington Street Pub in Easton. I was like dude you need to get some KBS and he literally called his rep right then, and will have a keg of KBS next week. Super pricey of course. He said they will probably tap it with a couple other Founders beers and do like a Founders night deal. Its an awesome place for craft beers btw, always a great selection. Anyway, shooting for next Friday night!

19 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Please please please tell me this team will finally make a run in the playoffs

If we don't do it this year, we'll never do it.  Us winning last night was huge in terms of locking up 1st in East.  Hypothetically we could clinch that tomorrow night if we win vs TOR and Pens lose in Regulation (based on my math and the NHL tiebreakers).

I want CBJ/Pens going to Game 7 in Round 1.

14 minutes ago, nj2va said:

If we don't do it this year, we'll never do it.  Us winning last night was huge in terms of locking up 1st in East.  Hypothetically we could clinch that tomorrow night if we win vs TOR and Pens lose in Regulation (based on my math and the NHL tiebreakers).

Penguins in 6

23 minutes ago, nj2va said:

Winning the East is going to give the Caps the President's Trophy as well, seeing as the Hawks won't be able to catch the Caps.

That all being said, get to the ECF so my Blues get that 2nd round draft pick.

8 hours ago, mattie g said:

Just about to pour one :P

The KBS seems much less available over here. I might score a bottle on Wed, and maybe a 4 pack if this other place gets it in. Otherwise I will have to go to the pub next week when they tap their keg.

We are starting to make 80 degree plus readings in early April a real habit, an outright addiction. We had 80s in March too.

We have got to do something about climate change, last millennium! I'll pay whatever price, I will work myself to the bone.

We desperately need a global law that forces everyone to do whatever is necessary to stop this global warming process.

At the rate we are going, we will hit 90 this month, 100 in May and over 110 in June and July.

2017 will be without a doubt the HOTTEST YEAR SO FAR ON EARTH, and we will be breaking records right and left in the US this summer.

Remember last fall? We had 65 percent green leaves on trees on Thanksgiving. We did not lose all the leaves until mid December. We should lose all the foliage by mid November. Fall 2016 was warm and dry, it took a long time to get here. Notice Spring 2017 is wasting NO time, no time at all, in overspreading us like the 2004 Indonesian Tsunami, with incalculable force. Many ppl wil die this summer just in DC alone, poor people with no AC and the elderly, and folks like me. I was made for a 20 degree, zero visibility, 6 inch an hour snow rate, driven by a 50 mph northeasterly wind  refreshingly cool winter environment. This is assuredly NOT winter. This is going to be for many, the hottest summer we have ever seen in our lives! It will not matter even if we end up with a strong Nino this summer. Nothing known to mankind can stop the overwhelming force of The Summer Of 2017. In fact, it is already here! It gets a hell of a lot hotter from here on out - for the next 6-7 months. Welcome to Austin, Virginia lol. Not Austin Texas. 

Austin, Virginia.

This is advanced global warming folks, and it is turning out, that it is a lot worse than the computer models forecasted. Its a LOT worse! Just look at this early spring!

22 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

:lmao: 

My body is ready.

Can you imagine a 110/74 day here in mid July? That'd be incredible. 

7000 SBCAPE, 5000 MUCAPE and no storms lol

If we had a 110/74 day here in N VA, I'd be dead. No way I could survive that kind of torrid jungle heat. I need snow and cold and strong north winds and a battleship gray sky, and thousands of miles of roads to dig out of the snow.

We are seeing more and more days at 20 degrees ABOVE normal. We do get the occasional cooler day, BUT the 15 to 20 above days are now the new normal in DC and northern VA. 

For example - TODAY, we hit 81. Whats our normal high? 57. The LOW tonight will be LUCKY to get BELOW 57!!! See what I mean?

This well above normal heat is the new normal in the Washington Metropolitan Region and it will not only develop into a searing hellish July/August/September but we may well see one of the latest arrivals of Fall ever in recorded history. Imagine 40 percent green leaves in mid December!

NWS will need to alter our normal highs/lows by adding 20 degrees to the average high temps and then make the old high temps, the average lows lol.

Global warming takes NO prisoners!

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived