Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
April Banter Thread

George BM

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

For all those that like dry conditions, you're welcome.  I just put down grass seed on Sunday and now it won't rain for a month.

Doesn't matter.

Rain only matters after it germinates (which it will never do unless you found a way to get it contact with the soil)

On 4/10/2017 at 10:57 AM, North Balti Zen said:

Yup. Never invested in a gas grill, and glad I didn't. Just can't replicate the taste of meat over charcoal. A Weber kettle grill and some good meat and I am good to go.

This.  Wife wilted me into a gas grill because I'm a cuck Omega male like that I suppose.

Time to bring up marine 303 again. Remember the disco last year? I swear that shizzle has magic in the formula. My neighbor's plastic red shutters were oxidized bad. Looked almost pink. He used my 303 on them today and they look practically brand new. 

Every piece of plastic inside and under the hood of my wife's car looks brand new and it's 3 years old with a black interior and parked outside. I only treat it twice a year. 

TL;DR.....buy some GD marine 303 and spray that S on every piece of plastic, vinyl, or fiberglass that sees the sun. Thank me later. With money hopefully. 

4 hours ago, Bob Chill said:

Time to bring up marine 303 again. Remember the disco last year? I swear that shizzle has magic in the formula. My neighbor's plastic red shutters were oxidized bad. Looked almost pink. He used my 303 on them today and they look practically brand new. 

Every piece of plastic inside and under the hood of my wife's car looks brand new and it's 3 years old with a black interior and parked outside. I only treat it twice a year. 

TL;DR.....buy some GD marine 303 and spray that S on every piece of plastic, vinyl, or fiberglass that sees the sun. Thank me later. With money hopefully. 

This made me laugh in a good way.  I picked up two bottles of 303 and did one shutter last fall.  Let everything lie for the winter, but the shutter I did 5 months ago still looks new.  I picked up a couple bottles of siding wash today at the box store, and the next cloudy day that I'm off, I'll clean the house and use the 303 to make the shutters look like new.  Granted, the one shutter that I used the 303 on last fall is in a shaded area, I'm sold on this stuff.  I can't wait to make the house shine again.  Does anyone have any tips for application?  I'm thinking of using an old shoe polish container because it seems to work best when you wipe on a light coat and immediately wipe it off with a dry rag.  I'm trying to avoid over-spray otherwise I'll have to shine the whole house!

In other news, I've had some off and on plumbing issues of late and finally bit the bullet and am aving the sewer line replaced tomorrow on my 75+ year old house.  I can't help feeling like I'm flushing money down the toilet.  Bob, you should take that entrepreneurial son of yours to the nearest ABC rental company, teach him how to work a backhoe and how to tie PVC to a main sewer line.  You'll be living large in no time.  What a racket. 

Our normal high is 67, normal low is 45.

So why are we already getting low 60s dewpoints in Dale City in mid April?

Low 60s dewpoints are normal in mid May.

Global warming is much worse than we can possibly imagine.

Tomorrow DCA will overshoot 90 degrees easy, DCA might hit 95 degrees tomorrow.

DCA will hit the upper 90s before April is out. It's fiery full fledged SUMMER from now on. All of the major cold fronts are up in northern Canada, we wont see them again til Jan 15 2018. We will not see another high near 60 in DC until Thanksgiving. We are all going to have to get used to temperatures averaging 20 to as much as 30 degrees above normal.

This is the NEW NORMAL here in the hellishly HOT Mid Atlantic. I might not survive til next winter.

HOW MUCH LONGER IS THE WEST GONNA BE HOGGING THAT TROUGH?

On 4/14/2017 at 4:11 PM, WxWatcher007 said:

Considering our (landfall) climo, this is probably all the true tropical we're gonna see. Might as well take a long lunch :P 

Fortunately I consider NC to be my second home, so anything that landfalls there say Cape Fear North I am all in for.

10 hours ago, yoda said:

OVERRATED

You can't over rate a won/loss record.  It is what it is.

At the same time, I can't explain their playoff performances over the past several seasons.  

I don't agree that they are "over rated".  Their seeding is based on performance.  But I will agree that they look very vulnerable, and their past playoff performances would further that notion.

11 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

It's so strange. I struggle to find a better example of this great a regular season/postseason contrast. Of course, they could come back I guess, but do we really expect it?

I am a Bengals fan. Playoffs from 2011 - 2015, and also in 2009. Six of seven years in the playoffs. No wins in that span, not even one.

Just now, WxWatcher007 said:

I don't think either of those teams were clearly the best in the league during the regular season. Bengals were good though, maybe even most talented. 

I won't argue they were the best at any point in that run - but there reaches a point where playoff failure is as playoff failure does.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived