Newest Member
    SnowHabit
April Banter Thread

George BM

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, H2O said:

Presidents trophy don't mean shyt.  it helps with first round seeding but they have to win it this year.  Have to.

One of the things that I like about this year compared to last year is that the President's Trophy didn't consume them.  Last year they pushed pretty hard for the #1 seed and it seemed like they went into the playoffs tired.  I'm hoping they are able to rest some of the players over the next week.

5 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

One of the things that I like about this year compared to last year is that the President's Trophy didn't consume them.  Last year they pushed pretty hard for the #1 seed and it seemed like they went into the playoffs tired.  I'm hoping they are able to rest some of the players over the next week.

Boston game and last one mean nothing right now.  i would literally sit the whole team against Boston as they are still playing for something then let the regs play the last one so not to get too cold.  Team did struggle a little after the break so don't want a repeat.

3 hours ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Yeah it worked out.  And lol at saving them for a year- they will not last a week! My next mission is Backwoods Bastard. Probably none of those left around from the last batch, so I will have to put it off till next fall.

Came across this the other day-

https://vinepair.com/wine-blog/10-incredible-barrel-aged-beers/

You gotta let those things age a bit! At least give it a whirl! :lol:

The only way you'd find Backwoods Bastard now is if you find a place that either didn't put it on the shelves in the fall so as to sell for a high price now or a grey-market location. Either way, you'd pay a pretty penny (relatively speaking). That, or trade for it. No matter what, it's an absolutely awesome beer.

Thanks for the link. There are so many great BA beers out there that putting together a best-of list is almost a lesson in futility!

And speaking of great BA beers...if you ever get a chance to try Prairie Artisan Ales Bomb! or Pirate Bomb!, do it. You won't regret it!

2 hours ago, H2O said:

Boston game and last one mean nothing right now.  i would literally sit the whole team against Boston as they are still playing for something then let the regs play the last one so not to get too cold.  Team did struggle a little after the break so don't want a repeat.

Never been a big fan of sitting your star players/starters out after you have everything locked in. Always felt that could break the good rhythm a team has established going into the playoffs. Would rather see them in for a period or so then taken out hopefully avoiding any injuries.

Of course with Washington i don't think it matters what they do, they will still find a way to lose and probably against the Pens.

Just now, mattie g said:

Wife said there's a big tree down in our neighborhood. Also, I'm sitting on the VRE between Backlick and Alexandria because the earlier train is stuck at Rolling Road due to a tree down on the tracks.

Been siting here for about 25 minutes now. No idea when we'll move.

F***!

On 4/6/2017 at 1:57 PM, showmethesnow said:

Never been a big fan of sitting your star players/starters out after you have everything locked in. Always felt that could break the good rhythm a team has established going into the playoffs. Would rather see them in for a period or so then taken out hopefully avoiding any injuries.

Of course with Washington i don't think it matters what they do, they will still find a way to lose and probably against the Pens.

Agree with this, Chicago sat so many the other night and lost 4-0. Course it does give those in minors a chance at the 'bigs'. I'm just not wild about break up a good thing.

24 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Yoda, don't do that to us. 

Hockey related, I was reading an article today about the 20th anniversary of the Hartford Whalers leaving CT. I was so young then it never registered with me at the time. Folks are still heartbroken over it. :( 

I'm a big Penguins fan, so I would love to see the Leafs bounce the Capitals in the first round 

8 hours ago, yoda said:

I'm a big Penguins fan, so I would love to see the Leafs bounce the Capitals in the first round 

Don't you have enough to worry about with the Blue Jackets in the first round?  ;)

And the nhl playoff seeding system is really atrocious.  Two of the 1st - 3rd regular season teams in the eastern conference are guaranteed to be eliminated in the first two rounds, while the 4th - 7th is guaranteed a spot in the conference finals.  If I was a Ranger's fan, I'd be stoked.

1 hour ago, Bob Chill said:

Lump charcoal is bbq'ing and gas grills are just outdoor stoves and ovens. I gave my gas grill away awhile ago. 

Yup. Never invested in a gas grill, and glad I didn't. Just can't replicate the taste of meat over charcoal. A Weber kettle grill and some good meat and I am good to go.

3 hours ago, UIWWildthing said:

Lump's great for grilling, but I prefer briquettes for smoking. Better heat control with those. 

Absolutely. Lump burns way too hot and quick for low and slow. A good ole load of Kingsford with 5 chunks of you favorite hardwood and you are good to go for 16 hours. I have a smokey mountain. Not a on of room on the grates but the temp control requires almost no tinkering. You can actually smoke overnight AND get a good sleep. 

49 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Absolutely. Lump burns way too hot and quick for low and slow. A good ole load of Kingsford with 5 chunks of you favorite hardwood and you are good to go for 16 hours. I have a smokey mountain. Not a on of room on the grates but the temp control requires almost no tinkering. You can actually smoke overnight AND get a good sleep. 

I love my Smoky Mountain.  I'll do 4 large chickens or 2 Pork butts or a couple of racks of ribs at a time.  The extra goes into the freezer for bad weather days.  This year I was able to smoke on a beautiful day in February.  It was in the 60s.  So if it isn't going to snow it's time to fire up the smoker during the torch days of winter.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived