Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Millennial kid of April Fools obs and pics

Ginx snewx

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, CoastalWx said:

Everything now ruins the fun...lol. Models are better..you can see when the sleet moves in. I wonder if the tools we have now sometimes hurt the passion that drove many to be mets and met enthusiasts.  It is disappointing that the days of model busts....waiting for sleet to come or not to come are sort of ruined by technology. 

Agreed.....some of the mystique is gone.

What kills me is when we start dissecting mid level centers flying west.....you can't even pretend it will snow forever lol

2 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Here is the sleet line on the 12z EURO as of 7pm....it was a little further than this...anyone know where it was?

7PM.png

7pm Sleet line... Euro not warm enough based on this...  I posted above or in other thread I think RGEM has had the best handle of warmth at least extrapolating from sleet line...

Sleet_line_7pm_03_31_17.thumb.png.274b19efca6699e54df73ed47233da0c.png

40 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

That's leader of the pack snow total.  I would congratulate you but I also empathize with you over yet another lost weekend of yardwork. 

This weekend is never one for yardwork up here. If the snow is gone, then the yard is still too wet. I can generally start serious ( well, as serious as I ever get) yardwork after the Master's at the earliest. 

Just now, wxsniss said:

Just noticed Box snow map ticked north by like 10 miles from prior... that's some high resolution fine-tuning

0z NAM didn't throw us a bone, no one commented

No it didn't. It's a nowcast thing, but I'm still being conservative for BOS. We'll either get pummeled tomorrow for several hours, or it's a 1-2 hr deal of heavier stuff that gives us 1-3". I'm not really on the pummel train right now.  Normally I would be hammering away at the S+ factor...but we got phucked by this stupid warmth aloft. We'll just have to see.

Just now, Typhoon Tip said:

What? I don't think so guys. 

Model still bust.  ...busts this year. I think some people are just mad because this is working out the way they were hoping it wouldn't

The model busts that created the nostalgia certainly are not like they were in the 90s. That's all we mean.

1 minute ago, Typhoon Tip said:

What? I don't think so guys. 

Model still bust.  ...busts this year. I think some people are just mad because this is working out the way they were hoping it wouldn't

Maybe one of these decades we'll actually learn to control the weather so we can get the outcome that WE want.

Just now, CoastalWx said:

The model busts that created the nostalgia certainly are not like they were in the 90s. That's all we mean.

Yeah, we probably wouldn't get a bust like April 1997 again these days...that was forecast as a pretty good storm, but nobody was forecasting widespread 30"...or really even half that the day before the storm.

We still get some big changes inside of 36 hours though...I do remember the nowcast bust of 1/27/11.

Archived