Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Millennial kid of April Fools obs and pics

Ginx snewx

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, DomNH said:

I wonder if this pl is accruing on top of the snow already on the trees.

I would say yeah......for the conifers anyway, and if it's that wet type of sleet, it's pretty dry sleet here right now.  I love IP in early winter to set up a solid base, covers up all the rocks and crud for skimobiling and xc skiing.

1 hour ago, EMontpelierWhiteout said:

New to the Site....thanks for all the great info.  Was just at dinner in downtown Montpelier.  Snow started sticking on sidewalks and roadways about 7:00 PM after an afternoon of light snow with minimal accumulation.  Steady moderate snow now with closing on 2" new.  Definitely big elevation component as 600' elevation difference between home and town is noticeable in terms of accumulation   Looks like storm is finally cranking here.

Welcome aboard from another central Vermonter. Make sure to pop in to the NNE thread too. As for obs from here, snow started sticking at my place around 5:00. Looks like close to 3". Snow growth isn't that great. Temp 29F

3 minutes ago, Whineminster said:

Man, if I needed a hair cut I'd head outside....been ping a ping pingaling for hours.......what a phail on the power loss potential....I was hoping to see some damage. 31 here.

Just wait until tomorrow. 

29.3F Steady light dry snow.  2"  Snow not sticking to trees up here.  We will escape without any issues other than the plows trying to clear the snow on my dirt road which is now muddy under the snow.  Our town is 80% dirt roads and they all are soft right now.  Tough plowing tomorrow....

Archived