Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Millennial kid of April Fools obs and pics

Ginx snewx

19 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Hopefully these recover. Ive never seen them completely to the ground. 

IMG_0735.JPG

Like Jeff said, no problem, unless there's breakage.  Woody plants seem a lot more flexible during late season than early.  With whole branches and plant sides bent down, they should release gently.  It's worse for nice straight evergreens with lower branches pinned - and occasionally ripped off as the pack settles.  Don't think you'll have that issue, based on what's in the pic.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

You could probably cobble together the snowfall totals from the 6 hourly graphics online though.

Congrats, while you are sipping Mai Tais your boys back home are going to have to deal with ice jams and spring flooding, afraid this real late season snow ain't a good thing with all the qpf in the pipeline

eps_slp_lows_neng_16.png

1 minute ago, OceanStWx said:

Congrats Sugarloaf. I just ran some tools and got 20+ for the rest of the week there. Doesn't change this neighborhood, but from IZG to AUG it's like another foot this week.

my friend called me about 5 mins ago and said top of Jordan Bowl  at SR had easily 14-15 inches

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

how much YTD at your 2K stake? I predicted 200+ last April

360" at 3,000ft with today's 9-spot.

9-inches-of-new-snow-at-9am-this-morning

I don't have the total at 1,500ft base area measuring board off the top of my head...but I bet that spot is around 200".

This is the snowiest winter for Stowe since 2007-08 winter when 374" fell.

Its definitely felt much more like those winters I remember back in my UVM days and just after when it seemed like we couldn't see a winter under 300"....then rattled off 5-6 straight below normal winters and some serious struggles getting even consistent warning snows.  This winter is high on my list for powder skied at the resort. 

2 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

360" at 3,000ft with today's 9-spot.

9-inches-of-new-snow-at-9am-this-morning

I don't have the total at 1,500ft base area measuring board off the top of my head...but I bet that spot is around 200".

This is the snowiest winter for Stowe since 2007-08 winter when 374" fell.

Its definitely felt much more like those winters I remember back in my UVM days and just after when it seemed like we couldn't see a winter under 300"....then rattled off 5-6 straight below normal winters and some serious struggles getting even consistent warning snows.  This winter is high on my list for powder skied at the resort. 

Yea 1500 feet is what I meant , fantastic winter, tons of powder days to boot, bet your legs are burn free by now.

Archived